Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Auto Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am a first time car buyer and dont have much clue on insurance. I got the below from progressive , Please suggest if this is okay . if it matters i am 31 / Single and living in Seattle

The quote for this coverage is $712 for six months

upload_2020-6-9_16-1-11.png

Are you paying cash, no loan? Otherwise you might want to add some loan payoff. Last thing you'd want is to total your brand new car and still have loan payments because no coverage for a loan.

Your first line for liability might be too low.

Are you paying cash, no loan? Otherwise you might want to add some loan payoff. Last thing you'd want is to total your brand new car and still have loan payments because no coverage for a loan.

Your first line for liability might be too low.
Agreed. Liability seems low, a car accident could easily exceed
Thanks . I will add the coverage for the loan payment .

Can you suggest what should be the liability ?
Mine's $250k per person and $500k per accident. Also $250k per person and $500k per accident for uninsured motorist coverage.

You probably already know this but just in case: get quotes from at least 3 different providers.

Reactions: preilly44
I personally usually go for $100 comp, and $500 collision deductible. But depending on how much that increases your rate, you probably end up paying more than you would save from an accident in the long run. Comp covers pretty much anything that isn't an accident (rock chip cracking your glass, someone keys your car, etc), Collision covers any crash related accidents. So if you had a rock fly up and crack your windshield, you would have to pay $250 to get it repaired via insurance. Or if you got in an accident, you would have to pay $1000 to get it repaired.

i am a first time car buyer and dont have much clue on insurance. I got the below from progressive , Please suggest if this is okay . if it matters i am 31 / Single and living in Seattle

The quote for this coverage is $712 for six months

View attachment 549737

Thats a good price for that.

I have the following:

Policy Coverages
Bodily Injury Liability$100,000/$300,000
Property Damage Liability$50,000
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury$15,000/$30,000
Uninsured Property: $3500
2020 TESLA MODEL Y
Comprehensive Deductible$1,000
Collision Deductible$1,000
Collision Deductible WaiverYes

And pay $1400 a year (2 drivers, me and spouse). Been driving for 20 years, never been in an accident.

When I got a Tesla insurance quote they quoted me $1600 for the year.

If you live in California, check out insurance through CIG Insurance Co. I moved from Nationwide when I was ordering my model y. I was paying $1830 per year for my 2015 Nissan Leaf. With CIG my semi annual premium for both vehicles is $946. About a 50% savings. I live in San Diego.

• Helpful
Reactions: frankvb