TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla bling (hats, t-shirts, etc.)

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by TEG, Aug 26, 2007.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

A number of owners-to-be have been spotted wearing Tesla base-ball caps.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

When I managed to score an invite to do a quick tour of Tesla HQ, I was offered some coffee mugs, but I turned them down saying that I was holding out for the Tesla store to offer t-shirts. I guess this caused someone behind the scenes to pull a few strings and I was astonishingly offered a prototype T-shirt as I was leaving the building. I was thrilled to get the T-shirt, and assumed it would be just like many others to follow in the upcoming Tesla store. It appears now that the prototype hasn't actually been approved, so it may be rather rare, and something different may show up when the store finally opens.

In any case, here are some crude photos of the front and back of the shirt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apologies for my poor photos, and apologies if anyone got in any hot water for pulling the strings to let it out of the building!

(By the way, I will never eBay the shirt... I enjoy it too much!)

2. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

I'm logged in, the text is there but the images won't load. Argh!

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#3 TEG, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
    The images seem to be working for others.

Did you try re-loading the page?

4. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

#4 tonybelding, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
    I can see three images (two of the shirt, one cap), but there's another that appears broken for me, it's the first one at the beginning of the message.

The shirt is cool, but the outline of the car seems to have a fuzzy or smudged quality. . . Maybe somebody at Tesla didn't like that and kept it from being approved?

I know a lot of people have been waiting for Tesla-branded merchandise. Of course, I understand they have a car-making business which comes first. :)

5. DDB

DDB Member

Maybe time to outsource it to the Tesla of T-Shirts...whoever that is. I'd buy one.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

8. Tin-Chicken

Tin-Chicken Member

The halibut shirt

The shirt in TEG's pics was the first prototype shirt that the blog team and one of the awesome CAD guys designed. It was indeed rejected because the car looked fuzzy. The final shirt had a much cleaner image. The shirt was given to people who posted blog articles - I have one. The tagline reflects the profanity filter on the blog, where any dubious words are replaced with halibut.

When TEG dropped by he seemed very disappointed to miss out on a shirt, so I gave him the prototype :biggrin: He was one of the most prolific commenters, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

Lisa.

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thanks for the story, Lisa. Reminds us of the "old days."

Here's their current shirt that features a skeleton CAD drawing:
    [​IMG]

10. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Thanks again for the shirt. It sits in my collection along with some of the final ones I ordered through the online store.

11. PeterW

PeterW Member

I would be interested in purchasing some of the Tesla merchandise but they only have options for delivery within the US.
    Do you think they would post outside of the US and can anyone tell me who I can contact on this matter?

12. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

I would just call them directly at their store in Menlo Park.
    If you are willing to pay the extra postage, I am willing to bet they would ship to your country.

13. PeterW

PeterW Member

Thanks James, it's going to be an expensive couple of T-shirts :)

14. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Key Chains out of stock forever?

I've been checking the Tesla site for over a month wanting to buy a key chain from them. It seems they've been out forever. I guess I can go to e-bay or something, but would sure like to buy my stuff directly from Tesla.

Anyone got any ins with the guys there on their SWAG and other merchandise? Any word on Model S gear?
    --evan

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

When I stopped by to look at the Model S I was told they have a big swag order in right now. No one could say when it would come in. They also said it would be available in stores and online.

16. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Cool, thanks...somebody post up if they notice when it becomes available....I'm hopeful they'll send wait list folks a hat and key chain or something to tide us over while we wait.

BTW, thanks to whomever keeps moving my posts. I did do a search and am a long-time moderator at Priuschat, so I know my way around the forums, but I'm still getting up to speed here on where certain subjects are located...I searched key chain and this thread didn't come up.

17. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

#17 meloccom, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    Tesla Bling now available outside the USA

Hi,
    I've been following Tesla Motors since 2006 and always been disappointed that I couldn't order merchandise on-line as I live outside the USA.
    I have been regularly checking back to Teslamotors.com in the hope they will start selling the merchandise outside the USA.
    I checked again today and it looks like they have just started to do this and I've just successfully placed my order to be delivered to Australia.
    Gentlemen - ah - and ladies? Start your engines!:biggrin:

18. Iggy

Iggy Member

I bought the mug and a black t-shirt during the open day event for the Chicago store. They were giving away key chains that day as well.

You can see the mug, purchase bag and the display case that has other items in my article below.

What I purchased at the Tesla Motors store in Chicago

You'll see the hats, polos and jackets in the display case.

19. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

Alright, I'm ready for some t-shirts and hats for the Model 3! :)