Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Broken into - twice in two weeks, weak spot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've filed a feature request with Tesla via their roadside assist number, pointing out that rear quarterwindow break-ins are becoming frequent in both the Bay Area and LA region, and suggesting three possible enhancements to discourage them: 1) creating a mechanical interlock so that the rear seats can not be lowered unless the adjacent rear door is open; or, 2) use some sort of super-strong or metal-mesh-containing reinforced glass for that panel; or, 3) offer an optional metal panel for that opening in place of the glass. Why my concern? I've fallen prey to this vandalism. Please refrain from "Oh, you idiot!" replies :p: I parked on a major one-way street in Oakland on Friday early evening; it was busy with pedestrians and still light outside. I returned to my car to find the driver-side quarter panel had been smashed, and the wider half of the split rear seat lowered. The trunk had been empty when I parked, and there was no evidence of damage or theft. No more street parking in Oakland, I guess, regardless of seemingly hopeful conditions -- attended garages only.

Sorry to hear about your vandalism. You have arrived at the correct answer... don't street park in Oakland. :cool: