Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla car cover quality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the Tesla indoor (black) or outdoor (grey) car cover.
Heard they were made by Covercraft and wondering how's the quality and if
the car side of the cover is soft.

I have the outdoor cover. It's the best outdoor car cover I've ever had, far better than any I've had from Covercraft. It's waterproof, has interior flocking to protect the finish, and fits incredibly well. It does have the grommets but in all except the very highest winds, because it fits so tightly, it will not blow off, and tying it down is not necessary. I store it in the space under the lid in the trunk. Fits there quite well. Here are a few photos of it on my car.

DSC_3311.JPG

DSC_3307.JPG

DSC_3300.JPG

DSC_3303.JPG

Last edited:
Rick, I'm curious: How long does it take for you to put on & off the cover, and where do you store it?

It takes me a few minutes to put it on and off. The trick is the technique for rolling it up when you take it off. I fold up both sides onto the roof, then roll it up from the rear end into a tight bundle, then fold the bundle in half. It stores in the trunk storage space under the fold up lid (I put hinges on the lid so it was easier to open and close).

When I put it on I place the rolled up bundle on the roof, roll it back to the rear, pull it forward to align the side view mirror pockets, the fold down one side at a time, attaching each side view mirror pocket first. That holds it in place while the bottom edges are stretched around the car. I start that process in the front and work around the the rear. The elastic material on the bottom edge of the cover ensures a tight fit.