Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Chicago store gets looted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And thinking about this more . . . the few protesters I have seen killed ARE WHITE (anarchists specifically) - but not by cops, they we're killed by counter-protesters (we have it on both the far left and the far right, so you cannot even blame political ideology on this), not cops.

If you have data otherwise, please share, because I don't recall seeing non-white protesters killed in the most recent uprisings.

It's interesting that in all these cases the shooters claim self defence. Could just be the default reason they give for shooting someone, could be because they are really afraid of them and genuinely thought they were a threat.

There are people who really want there to be a race war. They stir up fear and some people end up with a hair trigger. People who think they have to defend themselves. It's usually white guys too, convinced that the black hoards/white supremacists are coming for them. The whole situation needs to de-escalate fast.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlatSix911
In other countries there are special armed response units, but most police are either not armed or rarely use their weapons. The police in the US turn up to peaceful protests in military combat armour, with armoured vehicles, sonic weapons, water cannons, chemical weapons, smoke grenades etc.

That argument is not applicable to the US because of our 2nd amendment rights (for better or worse).

That's absolutely not true. It's a White Supremacist talking point, a myth they like to promote. Any criticism of white people or of systemic racism is anti-white racism, they claim. It's not, they are just using your discomfort at the realization that you might be part of this problem and your fear that equality might lessen your privilege to oppress black people.

It's really NOT a white supremacist "talking point". And I don't appreciate the implication, even the slightest, that I might be of such ilk. I'm in a mixed marriage with two mixed children, if you are going to even try to imply that I'm racist, that argument is not going to stick, at all.

AA friends have confirmed on MANY occasions that in their community a significant number of individuals (not all, by any stretch) are anti-white and that viewpoint is accepted by the general community (by some people openly, but others reluctantly). Sorry, but that's simply a fact.

I stand by my statement, there is a CLEAR double-standard in our society. It is OK in America to be Anti-White. Main-stream media quietly promotes this every day.

That argument is not applicable to the US because of our 2nd amendment rights (for better or worse).

What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with the police buying military grade hardware? Do they need armoured vehicles and chemical weapons? Does bringing them to protests prevent violence or fuel it?

It's really NOT a white supremacist "talking point". And I don't appreciate the implication, even the slightest, that I might be of such ilk. I'm in a mixed marriage with two mixed children, if you are going to even try to imply that I'm racist, that argument is not going to stick, at all.

I didn't and I'm not. What I'm saying is that they primed you to react that way, and sure enough you did. The merest hint of a suggestion that you might be somehow remotely connected to white supremacy and you explode.

By the way, the old "I have lots of black friends" argument probably shouldn't be your go-to.

AA friends have confirmed on MANY occasions that in their community a significant number of individuals (not all, by any stretch) are anti-white and that viewpoint is accepted by the general community (by some people openly, but others reluctantly). Sorry, but that's simply a fact.

I stand by my statement, there is a CLEAR double-standard in our society. It is OK in America to be Anti-White. Main-stream media quietly promotes this every day.

It's not okay to be anti-white, but it is understandable that a lot of people feel animosity towards the white people who keep voting to screw them over. You are pulling the race card when in fact they probably just have an issue with your behaviour, not your race.

Again, you have been primed to think this way and immediately get defensive.

It's not okay to be anti-white, but it is understandable that a lot of people feel animosity towards the white people who keep voting to screw them over.

IMHO, it shouldn't be.

If that's acceptable, then one can say it is "understandable" that Asian people have "animosity" towards Black people, given that Black on Asian racism attacks have been increasing over the years, as reported here and here.

However, many Asian does not "understandably" feel "animosity" towards black people.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.