Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Collision Center coming to Boston (Dorchester)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
I found permits for a Tesla Collision Center coming to Boston. The facility is permitted and probably already under construction in with an address of 48 Industrial Drive, Dorchester MA 02122. This site is part of a multi-phase redevelopment of an old MBTA rail yard that has been in the works for a while.

Tesla Collision Center. In new one story "core &; shell" building erected per ERT1041564 Change Occupancy to automobile garage with repair bays/lifts spray booths and accessory parts storage and accessory offices. [ePlan]

Reactions: EdA and Farmer
It always interests me to see how various entities assign locations to Dorchester, Roxbury, etc. As a person that has lived in the Westwood/Dedham area all my life and with relatives in the Milton/Mattapan area, I would consider that old NYNH&H Railroad/MBTA site solidly in Readville. This is pretty close to the Dedham service center/SC and no doubt intentional.

'Good news.

Reactions: EdA
It always interests me to see how various entities assign locations to Dorchester, Roxbury, etc. As a person that has lived in the Westwood/Dedham area all my life and with relatives in the Milton/Mattapan area, I would consider that old NYNH&H Railroad/MBTA site solidly in Readville. This is pretty close to the Dedham service center/SC and no doubt intentional.

'Good news.
Yup. I agreed with naming. The permit shows Dorchester. Some of the Boston development documents call it Hyde Park. I found this while searching for the new Dorchester supercharger coming soon pin (Q1'23) which suggests the location has already been identified. Building permits tend to get pulled closer to actual construction. I'm not sure if it could be collocated with collision repair facility if there is space in the parking lot for one.

Apparently the Tesla Boston area Collision center has just opened - at least enough to show it on the map. Not clear they are fully open yet (ie. they may have just opened and are still ramping up in terms of staffing and types of services they are scheduling).

1674170358472.png

Reactions: jlv1 and EdA
Regarding the thread title, I wouldn't consider Readville to be part of Dorchester in any way, shape, or form. Hyde Park, Roslindale, and Mattapan are all closer, but really Readville is its own part of Boston. Boston has really turned that industrial area of Readville around. This industrial park used to be a huge railroad locomotive and car shop for the New York, New Haven, and Hartford Railroad 100 years ago, employing thousands of people. It became derelict in the 1970s and more or less sat for a long time with only a few minor industrial clients and a Boston Schools bus depot (not counting the large industrial tenants next door to the site.) But as I say, the area has really turned around. If the concern to avoid is about visiting Readville itself, I would have absolutely no concerns at all.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer