Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla connectivity premium include Spotify premium?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in Canada I need a Spotify paid subscription in order to use Spotify in my Tesla.

Donkey's years ago North America had some dreadful alternative to Spotify, and UK (Rest of world perhaps?) had Spotify (i.e. included, you can still have your own Spotify SUB and then you can have a common favourites / play list with your phone etc. etc.).

I thought that had been resolved, also donkey's years ago!, but maybe there is still some hangover in N.A. ?

Upvote 0
Donkey's years ago North America had some dreadful alternative to Spotify, and UK (Rest of world perhaps?) had Spotify (i.e. included, you can still have your own Spotify SUB and then you can have a common favourites / play list with your phone etc. etc.).

I thought that had been resolved, also donkey's years ago!, but maybe there is still some hangover in N.A. ?
The US had always had Slacker Premium (Slacker is now LiveOne) as the bundled premium music streaming service included with Premium Connectivity and this have not changed.

Upvote 0
The US had always had Slacker Premium (Slacker is now LiveOne) as the bundled premium music streaming service included with Premium Connectivity and this have not changed.

I didn't know this, thank you! I'll test to see if Slacker is included with Premium Connectivity in Canada.

Upvote 0
Do you see the full Spotify menu when you have premium connectivity?
Do you need to log in Spotify to see the full menu when you have premium connectivity? If yes how?
I only see a few songs and albums on my car.
You do have to log in to Spotify. Here are instructions for fixing Tesla login problems if you have been using social media to log in to Spotify. The trick is to give it a new email address and then use that address to log in.

Upvote 0
You do have to log in to Spotify. Here are instructions for fixing Tesla login problems if you have been using social media to log in to Spotify. The trick is to give it a new email address and then use that address to log in.

I did not pay Spotify and did not have a Spotify account.
I just want to use Spotify provided by Tesla premium connectivity.
My question is do I need to login if I only have Tesla premium connectivity and nothing else.

Upvote 0
I did not pay Spotify and did not have a Spotify account.
I just want to use Spotify provided by Tesla premium connectivity.
My question is do I need to login if I only have Tesla premium connectivity and nothing else.
In the US you need a paid Spotify account to use Spotify on the Tesla screen. So you need to pay for both Spotify and for Tesla premium connectivity. Tesla explains this on their connectivity page:

A paid subscription to streaming services is required to access music and media streaming
In Europe, or at least in parts of Europe, you don't need to pay for Spotify to use it with premium connectivity.

You get at least one free music streaming service in the US to use with premium connectivity. It might just be called "Streaming" but it's actually Slacker, or something like that. But most things like Spotify, Apple Music, and Tidal require a paid account.

Upvote 0