Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla connector on other companies superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never seen any non-Tesla superchargers
Superchargers (TM). Ones that are not from Tesla are not Superchargers. They are fast DC chargers.
I have never seen any non-Tesla superchargers with a direct Tesla connector.
Is this because of some patent/copyright thing that Tesla holds?
Yes, the format of the Tesla charging handle is a unique proprietary design that is not one of the international public standards.

*Edit* Yeah, I was assuming this meant the North American style Tesla charge handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I have never seen any non-Tesla superchargers with a direct Tesla connector.
Is this because of some patent/copyright thing that Tesla holds?

I don't mean with the CHAdeMO adapter..
Guess you are in the US since in the EU Tesla Model 3's use CCS and in China the standard there. However read here that EV Go DC chargers (NOT Supercharger since that is a Tesla ™) is going to start adding Tesla Charging.

Tesla partners with EVgo to deploy Tesla connectors on their nationwide charging network - Electrek

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
I'm curious about EVgo's business plan vs say Voltas or Blink (which offers some "free" charging)
Here you EVgo.:D (need to learnt that Google thing;)) Besides network pay as you use charging station they sell a "host" an EV charging station package (renting/service agreement/you pay for the juice). Lived in an apartment building for a short time that had SemaConnect level 2 charging stations and an EVgo DC charger that were free to use by residents. It was a perk that the complex paid for to attract renters.

EV Charging Stations for Retail Businesses | EVgo

https://www.blinkcharging.com/blink-network-hosts

Apartments and Condos - Smart Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations

Voltas' business model is paid for by selling advertisements.

Get turnkey EV charging for your property - Volta Charging

Last edited: