Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla could make a leaf/bolt/e3 killer for similar price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
I think the next tesla should be a very basic yet cooler looking car then the leaf/bolt/bmw e3.A commuter car that gets maybe 150miles max and costs similar to the ones i spoke of earlier. I mean its a no brainer to corner the lowend market as well.

"Range Anxiety" is a real thing. Having even 1 low-range model in their lineup will trigger this fear amongst potential buyers. The most common objection I hear is "yeah but you can't use an EV for a long road trip." GM's "EV1" from 20 years ago had a 100-mile range, more than enough for a typical commuter, but they sold 1000 units in 3 years and it died a horrible death.

Range is King. And Hail to the King, baby.

"Range Anxiety" is a real thing. Having even 1 low-range model in their lineup will trigger this fear amongst potential buyers. The most common objection I hear is "yeah but you can't use an EV for a long road trip." GM's "EV1" from 20 years ago had a 100-mile range, more than enough for a typical commuter, but they sold 1000 units in 3 years and it died a horrible death.

Range is King. And Hail to the King, baby.

That's true although it really shouldn't make sense. A small commuter car with full "tank of gas" every morning with 100-150miles of range should be more than enough for the daily needs of anyone who works within a medium/large city. Our hardcoded perception of range needs, fueled by many many years of petrol cars is to blame for this. When I drive my wife's VW around for a day and I see the fuel needle barely moved is quite more satisfying then when I drive my Model S for a while and I see the battery already under 50% for example.

• Love
Reactions: Brando