Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla crowd-sourced maps - how to overcome "small fleet" problem vs GM/VW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can upload the PDF if someone actually wants to analyze them but its not as useful without actually mining their (ME) portfolio and figuring out if they just tried to get a broader patent and failed or if this was done to make their portfolio more attractive to boost Intel's offer price.

No need. Your desktop screenshots are great.

Lets see.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: croman
Ok enough fooling around :)

I found an interesting piece of information over at Tesla's job listings. This one is part of the job description for "Autopilot Vehicle State Estimation Engineer". And I quote:
Other Potential Responsibilities
Contribute to design, implementation, and maintenance of in-car software with the following aims:
[snip]
  • Vehicle localization (positioning) via development of an Inertial Navigation System (INS)
If you don't know what INS is, I recommend this fine article.

Now the wording in Tesla's job description suggests that they haven't actually developed any Inertial Navigation System yet, and that it's something in the works. OTOH, I have no idea when this particular job listing was posted so it could be fresh or really old.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus and croman
I think Waze holds a patent on that ;)
And lvl5/payver on paying gift cards.

Maybe hide a battery powered supercharger on a flat bed and ask people to find it.
Ok enough fooling around :)

I found an interesting piece of information over at Tesla's job listings. This one is part of the job description for "Autopilot Vehicle State Estimation Engineer". And I quote:

If you don't know what INS is, I recommend this fine article.

Now the wording in Tesla's job description suggests that they haven't actually developed any Inertial Navigation System yet, and that it's something in the works. OTOH, I have no idea when this particular job listing was posted so it could be fresh or really old.

Good find!

I would say when I was at a large tech company we tried to keep the job descriptions pretty open in terms of development. It sounds more exciting to develop something new instead of fixing someone else’s mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunitiks