Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The speaker in the Model 3 can be disconnected.... Or so I'm told.
[if you are an Apple fanboy, stop reading now as it may challenge your view of reality]

Wrong. Windows Mobile was absolutely there, I personally had a Samsung i730 which was neither the first Windows Mobile phone nor was it even new (it was 2 years old when first iPhone was announced). It had all the features iPhone did except itunes or app store, and it had copy/paste function (which iPhone did not have) and the main GUI difference was that instead of pinch-zoom you had to double-tap and then on second tap go up to zoom-in or down to zoom-out (the browser on that 2 year old Windows phone was way more functional than on iPhone btw - it was was not the stock Windows Explorer which came with Windows Mobile but something called Pixel browser which Samsung licensed). ....

Woohoo! The i730. Had a few of those at our office and a couple other assorted Samsung and LG Windows Mobile phones. Where Apple really hit it off was the multi-touch display (and yeah, WTF was up with no copy/paste?) and integrated iTunes. They had the most responsive device at the time with a decent CPU/GPU combo and it just ran smoother than anything else out there. Music lovers, Apple fan boys and people just looking for something new flocked to it. LG made the first Windows Mobile device to have a multi-touch display, IIRC. It wasn't a bad device. IMO, I preferred Windows Mobile to Android. Android, of course coming later. And in the beginning, Windows Mobile was way more developer-friendly that iOS. But Microsoft had a huge head start in that department. Windows CE, Windows Pocket PCs / Windows Mobile had been a thing for nearly 9 years when iPhone was first announced. The first couple years of iOS development was pretty crude, but Apple hit a home run with their App Store and that's when everything really took off.

Microsoft is still trying to recover from all the damage Ballmer did. And they're still taking the wrong approach to some things... How many versions of Windows does the world truly need? Microsoft Office has lost its market position to a bunch of free crap Google gives away. They totally handed Google the education market. Sad, really...

I didn't see this posted in this thread yet, saw it on reddit.

3689jdsm5vz31.jpg

I wish there was a type of noisemaker that was somehow not annoying but still did well to alert the visually impaired of an approaching vehicle. My desire for a quiet car doesn't seem to override someone else's need for safety, but surely there's some reasonable middle ground.
I still like how Chevy did it on the Volt. I had (has?) a 2-level horn. A soft one for pedestrians at parking lot speeds, and the regular one for "don't run into me moron!" at higher speeds. I hate hitting the full horn in a parking lot as it's just too loud, so I usually just follow someone who's walking down the middle of the row until they hear the tires or figure out that they're in the middle of the row.

Reactions: willow_hiller