Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybrtrk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I see...

The originally released image from Tesla shows the (glass) roof with leading running/clearance light strip OVER the windshield. It would replace the roof of the cab in the image below.

The new image shows the headlight strip, which is roughly where the tops of the tires are.

eugene-sergienko-compoz-5.jpg

Ironically, my wife doesn't pay all that much attention to Tesla. She doesn't care for the Model 3 (nothing personal, it's just a sedan) and isn't all that psyched about the MY although that's what I'm more interested in. However, she is pumped about the truck reveal and wants to stay up and watch that. The demographics for the truck may be interesting especially if it doesn't appeal to old school truck buyers which are generally brand loyal anyway.

Well, I'm not a "truck guy" in the traditional sense, but I do live on a small 3 acre country property, do a lot of hauling and yard work. I pick up a lot of stuff from the hardware store - plywood, PVC, etc. I tow a travel trailer. So I'm the market for a pickup truck, but I don't mesh with the style of the existing options (or, obviously, the drivetrain). So the Cybertruck may find a market in guys like me who like the functionality of a pickup truck but not the social statement most of them are making.

I agree. But I stand by my post. I do not think 70's sci-fi is going to play well here. It will not stand out from the crowd in the right way.

The Raptor being a niche vehicle is all the more reason to have a "normal" looking truck. One that could be purchased by a tradesman or someone with a bit of land (or wants to have a bit of land) to use as a work truck and to take the family on trips (common where I live).

IMO the Rivian is too weird to be accepted here. What Elon is building? Eeek.

Ironically, my wife doesn't pay all that much attention to Tesla. She doesn't care for the Model 3 (nothing personal, it's just a sedan) and isn't all that psyched about the MY although that's what I'm more interested in. However, she is pumped about the truck reveal and wants to stay up and watch that. The demographics for the truck may be interesting especially if it doesn't appeal to old school truck buyers which are generally brand loyal anyway.
I am a traditional truck guy, I have owned a pickup since about 1980, first to tow ski boats then for work and boats, I am anxiously waiting for the reveal and hope Tesla makes a 3/4 ton capable truck for towing (like at least 15k tow rating)

I agree. But I stand by my post. I do not think 70's sci-fi is going to play well here. It will not stand out from the crowd in the right way.

The Raptor being a niche vehicle is all the more reason to have a "normal" looking truck. One that could be purchased by a tradesman or someone with a bit of land (or wants to have a bit of land) to use as a work truck and to take the family on trips (common where I live).

IMO the Rivian is too weird to be accepted here. What Elon is building? Eeek.
I grew up in Texas, so I definitely get what you're saying. But I do think there are a lot of folks out there who would consider a truck if it fulfilled all of their requirements. I do a lot of stuff where a truck would be extremely helpful, but I don't want to buy a truck as my main vehicle and I don't feel like buying an extra, extra car. This CYBRTRCK is actually very intriguing to me as long as it works well as a daily driver and can hold five comfortably.

I have a feeling this is not going to play well in Peoria..... I'm afraid it will confirm that Elon is an 8-year-old boy and anyone who currently drives a pickup will pass out from laughing. Yes, I realize that it will be amazing to drive, have tons of performance, etc. But the king of the hill in the looks category is the Raptor, not mars rover or 70's sci-fi.

I fear this won't age well

I know many disagree but I have to go with the general consensus here- what makes this truck unique is that it’s an electric truck. The only so far of its kind. I think it’s a grand mistake to make an outlandish, sci-fi looking monstrosity. it doesn’t need to make itself even tougher to swallow.

the fact it’s electric is already the “uniqueness” hump buyers need to get over. It doesn’t need another handicap

it just leaves me scratching my head. For the most part, S, X, and 3 largely look like regular vehicles. I like that when I park my 3 in a lot it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb. This is going to add a hurtle to those considering buying it.

There is only one thing so far I don’t like about the 3 - that insufferable backing-up electronic whine - i know it was added later on as a “safety measure”. I absolutely hate it - it screams to everyone “look at me, I have a fancy newfangled electric car!” I get looks in parking lots only from that whine - when every other modern gas car is relatively as quiet backing up, and there is so much tire noise from turning and friction on pavement, the electronic whine just makes you stand out. I fear the aesthetics of this truck is an extension of that “look at me!” problem. I actually loved some of the fake renders but hate these teasers

I hope in addition to looking goofy it doesn’t become further impractical in some way. These teaser images are really worrying me - and I can’t reconcile how the invitation image overlaps with the rectangular-ish teaser that was out way before.

My excitement has turned to worry. Driving the 3 has been so fun , and my wife is used to an SUV - the 3 was literally convincing me to get another Tesla , so the truck seemed like a natural progression. Now I may settle for a Y if this is just too much to swallow

Last edited: