Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla delivery threats...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend at work ordered a Model Y last November. They sent him a text recently that gave him the good news that the car was ready for delivery and gave him two days to choose from for picking it up. Unfortunately he currently works on a construction site out-of-state and could not make either of the two days they offered. Consequently he couldn't accept a date in the app, and so he got the attached text threatening to give his vehicle to somebody else. ?? WTF? They made him wait from November of last year to June 2022, then give him 2 days to pick it up or it goes to somebody else. Posting this just to keep the facts out there - Tesla treats its customers like dirt. When competition ramps up, it will finally bite them in the ass. I for one will enjoy seeing that. My friend was wearing Tesla colored glasses until recently. He's beginning to see them for what they are though. He's made arrangements to get his car, my understanding is he had to transfer it to his mom somehow.

Attachments

• deliverycancellation.JPG
    deliverycancellation.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 159
I am not a logistic expert, but Tesla must know in advance which cars will be sent to a particular Delivery Center.
I don't think the cars get just piled up on the parking lot after been build and what ever truck available will take a trailer and go.

There must be some plannification, especialy to have the maximum of car produced each quarter
to arrive at destination and get delivered before the end of a given quarter.

Because of the shortage of parts, there must be some fluctuation, but I assume that a factory must have some stock reserves of various parts.
For the delivery centers, there might be some storage space issues to store that many cars, but again this must have been planified in advance.

So why not contacting customers in advance and provide an estimated delivery date so customers will be prepared after such long waiting to be ready.

Reactions: Electricfan
That looks like a "boilerplate" text message to me, probably generated by a computer algorithm. If he would've reached out to a SA his experience may have been a little more positive. I've reached out via phone several times, and they've always been helpful.

That looks like a "boilerplate" text message to me, probably generated by a computer algorithm. If he would've reached out to a SA his experience may have been a little more positive. I've reached out via phone several times, and they've always been helpful.
This.
You can just accept and call the delivery center that you need to reschedule.
There is no doubt they will work with you.

I think the word we're looking for is "ultimatum" rather than "threat". Either way, it's the last month of the quarter and Tesla will be doing all it can to log every sale possible, which seems to include giving barely more than a day for people to accept delivery. It is what it is.

Dramatic much? lol. There are a million people here waiting for their teslas, some for months some for even a whole year. If Tesla has a car for you and you can't/won't get it, then by all means give it to the next guy waiting. That's life. No car dealership has ever held a car for me for 2+ days without me paying for it first. Lets not pretend this is a uniquely Tesla thing.

Reactions: J Vee and fstop11