Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Demand Softens in China

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Amount your link has to do with USS removal=0

Further- This was a small price cut (smaller than the increases have been in the past) such that net prices are still HIGHER than originally... and this cut is likely a combination of improved outlook on future component pricing (which had been cited as reason for previous increase) and because Shanghai expanded production, improving economy of scale.

I mean, the nonsense DEMAND CLIFF narrative has been trotted out every quarter for years now, and it keeps ending up wrong every quarter when results are in.

Might be time to reconsider the basis of the theory.

Right- previously they could KEEP raising prices and demand kept exceeding supply significantly.

Now, in China only, they pulled pricing back to still be higher than original but not quite as high-- and still expect demand to exceed supply.

Thus "a little harder"

I mean, they even cited during the price RAISES it was inflation costs, and also because backlog had gotten too bad.

So what they did WORKED (combined with the increased production to reduce backlog). So now they're unwinding (part of) the price bump- in a single market.

And it's not like you should be pretending to be surprised. On the previous quarter call Elon explicitly said he hoped to REDUCE PRICES later this year.

Now he is.

And again none of your FUD has any relation whatsoever to the USS removal.

I...never said anything about USS.

Which is weird since that's literally what the thread is about.

So I guess it's that second one- you just randomly drop off-topic FUD bombs anywhere you can.

I simply pointed out your statements in this thread that demand hasnt lessened, were patently false.

Except I never said those words- so as always you started with a lie, then compounded it.

Here's what I actually said

Me said:
100% this will have 0 impact on Q4 deliveries.

This being removal of USS.

The thing you keep admitting you didn't actually have anything to contribute to the topic on.

Then I said.

Me said:
Tesla is still selling every car they can produce and with a backlog-- removing radar didn't change that, removing USS sure won't.

Which is ALSO true, regardless of a one-region price adjustment.

Even your strawmen are lazy my dude.