Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Demonstration Event Richmond, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry, today was the first of what should be a heated battle with the dealer's association. There will be more opportunities for more of us to show support for Tesla in this state. Somebody will post the email of the group in charge of future lobbying events like today's.

Some more pics:
ga9anypu.jpg
zy5agy3a.jpg
a5ubage8.jpg

The only problem with the 14-50s was they kept tripping. I only charged for 15-20 minutes before it tripped and was planning on leaving soon anyway, so I finished charging at a public charger in Richmond while out getting dinner. I think a few others had this problem as well. However if this venue is used again, that issue needs to be looked at.

That was a great event! Nice to meet other owners; sorry I didn't get to meet as many of the other members as I had wanted. The track is a short track, the straightway I'd guess is about 1/4 mile long. My max speed was in the high 80's I'd guess but had to keep an eye out for the car in front. The car nailed the turns, which are pretty tight. I'd never done high speed curves like that before and would take 'em about 60 mph. I was more nervous about blowing out the 19" tires than losing control through the curve. I gave the young lady in the red dress a ride on the first run and she had a blast, her first time in a Tesla.

BTW, the dark blue roadster is beautiful, I like that blue much better than mine.

I think about 25 Teslas there, including 3 Roadsters.

Attachments

• Raceway 1.jpg
    Raceway 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Raceway 3.jpg
    Raceway 3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Raceway 2.jpg
    Raceway 2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 208
According to the RIR website, the track is 3/4 mile length in a "D" shaped oval. I didn't count the number of laps I took --- I went with four groups, and I think we did about three laps with each group. So approximately 12 laps x 3/4 mile each = 9 miles total. I certainly consumed a heck of a lot more battery energy than 9 miles. I should have taken photos of the energy graph --- never seen it that high before. Ended up consuming something on the order of 40 or 50 rated miles for the privilege of those 9 miles --- but no complaints, only one big grin!!

@andrewket, that's brilliant! The best I've seen (other than Megafactories :-!). Very "Days of Thunder".

I must admit, going down into that tunnel, watching all the LED taillights in front of me flash on in the dark, then emerging onto the track, gave me goosebumps (even though we were going 3 mph).

We also used the 2-way radios caravaning down and basically did a running Tesla talk show -- so it felt like a 15 minute drive from NoVA.

Strong work. Please send me the specs on the dashcam.