TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Gassing Up

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dtswan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. dtswan

dtswan Member

As I was driving up to Dutch Bros go get a smoothie, I saw this. I had to laugh. o_O

TeslaGassingUp.jpg

• Funny x 3
  2. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

That pump has been EVed !

They really should put signs stating "this spot reserved for ICE vehicle refueling only".

• Funny x 5
  3. gabeincal

gabeincal Enjoying Napa life the electric way

I visit gas stations with my S all the time. Gotta wash the bugs of the windshield..

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I've done that... when I needed gas for my lawnmower.

5. dtswan

dtswan Member

Thing is, it was there for at least 10 minutes, and I never saw anyone around it.

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

When you gotta go....

7. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Well, you know how it is with those dang electric cars. They take a long time to refuel, so there's no point in sitting or standing around waiting on the car.

• Funny x 2
  8. smac

smac Active Member

I always take my old ICE beater for that job, don't want the inside of my Tesla to smell ;)

I do however take the Tesla to pick up milk and such from the convenience store. It always makes me chuckle if they ask "Any fuel?" ;)

• Like x 1
  9. swaltner

swaltner Member

I always punch in my parents' phone number in the keypad at the register when making purchases at the local grocery store which earns fuel points. I get their stupid discounts on my purchase and the points go to someone that can actually use them for fuel purchases. I still have a couple things that burn gasoline, but my fuel purchases are so few and far between (and tend to be in small 4-5 gallon increments) that it's just not worth messing with point for the few cents that I would save on my small purchases. Give the credit to someone that can use it. I've been working on getting them to trade in their TDI Jetta for a Model 3, so if/when that happens, I'll need to find someone else to bestow my copious amount of fuel points to. :)

10. smac

smac Active Member

I sat down once and counted my various ICE's it's quite scary actually.

Mower(s), tractor, chainsaw, weed whacker, boat, sports car, etc.

At the end of the day, I can sleep easily enough as none of them burn liquid fuels in city centers giving people lung problems..

11. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

I own a commercial horse barn, so I know what you mean! I would SO love to buy an electric tractor! Nothing but conversion kits out there unfortunately.

Even a lowly pressure washer is ICE powered, mostly because a 20A 120V electric plug doesn't deliver enough power for decent pressure.

• Like x 1