Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gave my car away to someone else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this exact same conversation with our service center once. They kept telling us the car was ready, so we make arrangements to take off work early to make the 2 hour drive to pick up the car. They would call while we on the road and say “sorry, the car isn’t ready, try tomorrow”. They did that 3 times before we had a similar conversation as above to not even call us until the car was done and parked ready for pickup.

Guess what they did: called again saying car is done then cancelled again while we were driving down to the service center. That time we told them, nope, you had better finish the car because we are picking it up tonight, period. They did stay late and get it done, but man, we were so pissed.

that really sucks. It’s just such bad service

what is so hard about just keeping your trap shut until the car is in and they’ve detailed it? Just do LESS and we will be HAPPIER. The issue is telling us to jump, we move the world to situate ourselves, and then get the “just kidding” call.

i now have a Pavlovian CRINGE when I get a call from the area code where the service center is, because I know it’s them changing the delivery date on me.

If they call me again with the delivery date, I’m going to tell them point blank I’m not scheduling anything, I’m not choosing a day—etc. they can call ME when the car is 100% detailed and sitting in their lot. Beyond that, I’m not lifting a finger. Tired of being duped by them and their indifferent garbage attitudes

Yet another update for all of you.
1. I find no one is willing to say anything in writing anymore. No texts / emails — and that’s because

2. they are becoming increasingly less flexible. I just got told what used to be a 7 day wait to pick up your car is now a 3 day wait. Because they have so much demand and so many deliveries, they literally do not care about you. If you don’t get your car, they will give it away to someone else.

on top of the little things like frunk hooks, frunk mats, etc being taken out without warning —- the service just keeps getting worse.

never had a company that I’m ready to spend so much money on willing to show such indifference and contempt for the customer. You are a number and irrelevant to them, because someone else is ready to take your place. Doesn’t matter how many times they screw you over

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Hope the 3rd attempt comes through for you.... Is your local contact ghosting you now as well ?

no, but they just say things and talk quickly to say a bunch of nothing. Like they try to justify why they are less flexible than they were before by saying things that aren’t arguments or justifications. And after the rambling I say “that doesn’t answer my question, why are you treating customers even worse now than a month ago who are spending enormous sums of money on your product?” And then they just default to “yeah if you don’t get it we are selling your car to someone else”

It’s like a stupid test, to see if them filibustering on the phone someone gets you to “think” they justified an answer to your legitimate question

But a well run company would not need Twitter moments.

True..a customer service oriented company does not need Twitter channel to voice out concerns..but Tesla is an innovative concept company so it may be quicker to get Mr. Elon Musk’s attention on Twitter or on Reddit. Mr. Elon went offline on Twitter few days ago. When he comes back on line, perhaps frustrated Tesla owners can bring this customer service disaster to his attention.

We previously own two Lexus hybrid cars for about four years. The local Lexus dealer tied everything to customer service satisfaction so every encounter should be “Magical Moment” for Lexus owners. I am truly shocked to read all the bizarre customer service incidents revolving Tesla deliveries.

We just got our Model 3 LR delivery date pushed back 10 days to mid December, fingers crossed because we need to sell our current SUV and time it well with only 1 parking space. Since we pay more for Tesla overseas ($61,311 USD), I would be beyond mad if our Tesla rep pulled something like this on us. I hope Mr. Elon could look into these horrible incidents and improves customer service division ASAP.

True..a customer service oriented company does not need Twitter channel to voice out concerns..but Tesla is an innovative concept company so it may be quicker to get Mr. Elon Musk’s attention on Twitter or on Reddit. Mr. Elon went offline on Twitter few days ago. When he comes back on line, perhaps frustrated Tesla owners can bring this customer service disaster to his attention.

We previously own two Lexus hybrid cars for about four years. The local Lexus dealer tied everything to customer service satisfaction so every encounter should be “Magical Moment” for Lexus owners. I am truly shocked to read all the bizarre customer service incidents revolving Tesla deliveries.

We just got our Model 3 LR delivery date pushed back 10 days to mid December, fingers crossed because we need to sell our current SUV and time it well with only 1 parking space. Since we pay more for Tesla overseas ($61,311 USD), I would be beyond mad if our Tesla rep pulled something like this on us. I hope Mr. Elon could look into these horrible incidents and improves customer service division ASAP.

they have zero incentive to care about this or anything else we are complaining about, when the line of people waiting for the cars is huge. People would drop their place in line at the drop of a hat for a car you refuse if it had one different configuration (different colors or wheels, etc)

If you don’t play ball and show up to take your car when it comes, too bad, we will give it to someone else happily waiting in line

you don’t like how long you’re waiting? Too bad, we will give it to someone else

you are mad we cut some features out of the car? No problem, someone else is happy to take this off our hands

There is too much demand. They don’t have a reason to care yet about these things.

when demand dries up, only then does not caring about these thing a spell suicide for the company

Man, this is making me nervous @luso07

I was matched to one in Springfield NJ yesterday and so thrilled i got to avoid the wait. Today my sales associate ghosted me. We were just waiting to hear back about financing and switching the loan over. He’s based in manhattan and has been SO GREAT so far (really). I found the VIN in the source and he told me yesterday it’s mine and wouldn’t go to anyone else. I really hope i don’t lose it. Not even going to touch anything on my page.

For the wall charger they promised you, was there anything in writing for that? Just wondering if they added it to the MVPA or show up somewhere online? Or just assuming one will show up at some point?

It started as a verbal conversation and then memorialized in text with my advisor. They told me it also came in and is in the center waiting for me with delivery.

a small part of me is waiting for a manager to step in when I ask for it and say “we actually can’t authorize that...”

I can feel it in my bones

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
@luso07, Whats the latest?

After I told them not to talk to me until it came in, they auto assigned me a date and time I could not do. I messaged them saying take that off my account I didn’t approve it. I want a phone call when you know it’s sitting on your lot.

I got a call today from the area code
Where the center is. I literally said as my first words “tell me the car is delayed 4th time” and they said no it actually arrived today. So I said give me an appointment tomorrow I will cancel my evening plans and come up and get it

if I didn’t get it by Saturday (the day that was auto assigned) , it would be gone and unmatched from me. And I knew I couldn’t get it then

so we will see tomorrow what disaster awaits. Like some production damage or them refusing to give me the connector. I have such a strong feeling that will get walked back for some reason

Man, this is making me nervous @luso07

I was matched to one in Springfield NJ yesterday and so thrilled i got to avoid the wait. Today my sales associate ghosted me. We were just waiting to hear back about financing and switching the loan over. He’s based in manhattan and has been SO GREAT so far (really). I found the VIN in the source and he told me yesterday it’s mine and wouldn’t go to anyone else. I really hope i don’t lose it. Not even going to touch anything on my page.

You might have better luck because you’re claiming a local car. It doesn’t have to be transported. I think it’s the transporting aspect where they want to save money selling to someone closer that makes them give it away

I’ve heard nothing but absolute horror stories about Springfield. I know I could never get a friendly voice on the phone when I called with questions. Good luck bud

After I told them not to talk to me until it came in, they auto assigned me a date and time I could not do. I messaged them saying take that off my account I didn’t approve it. I want a phone call when you know it’s sitting on your lot.

I got a call today from the area code
Where the center is. I literally said as my first words “tell me the car is delayed 4th time” and they said no it actually arrived today. So I said give me an appointment tomorrow I will cancel my evening plans and come up and get it

if I didn’t get it by Saturday (the day that was auto assigned) , it would be gone and unmatched from me. And I knew I couldn’t get it then

so we will see tomorrow what disaster awaits. Like some production damage or them refusing to give me the connector. I have such a strong feeling that will get walked back for some reason

... Maybe have a smooth transaction and you drive home in a Model 3? It’s a possibility. ;)

You might have better luck because you’re claiming a local car. It doesn’t have to be transported. I think it’s the transporting aspect where they want to save money selling to someone closer that makes them give it away

I’ve heard nothing but absolute horror stories about Springfield. I know I could never get a friendly voice on the phone when I called with questions. Good luck bud
We’ll see. Luckily I’ve been dealing with someone in Manhattan but I’ll have to talk to them at some point soon. Best of luck tomorrow man! Hope it goes as smoothly as possible

... Maybe have a smooth transaction and you drive home in a Model 3? It’s a possibility. ;)

ha appreciate the positivity. Once one bad thing happens, I become a nasty pessimist and assume the worst of everyone and everything

already thinking of the negatives like no frunk hooks and the myriad of other features they seem to Be deleting from the 2020 vins

It started as a verbal conversation and then memorialized in text with my advisor. They told me it also came in and is in the center waiting for me with delivery.

a small part of me is waiting for a manager to step in when I ask for it and say “we actually can’t authorize that...”

I can feel it in my bones

Thanks - I'm in the same boat. Except when I talked to the delivery center yesterday they said they didn't see anything on my account about a wall charger so didn't know anything about it. I'm supposed to be put in touch with someone from the 'executive' team today to discuss my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.