Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gen 3 wall connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m thinking of buying the wall connector.

Does anyone know if you can link it to your energy provider or work out a way to see the costs for when you charged. (I’ve seen other chargers do this)

Eg charge overnight for 5 hours, tesla app wouldn’t tell me the cost, is there another way to do it?

Reactions: DeanJohno
So I’m thinking of buying the wall connector.

Does anyone know if you can link it to your energy provider or work out a way to see the costs for when you charged. (I’ve seen other chargers do this)

Eg charge overnight for 5 hours, tesla app wouldn’t tell me the cost, is there another way to do it?
Hi, I have gone onto the beta tariff from Octopus called "Intelligent Octopus" This connects with the Tesla gen 3 wall charger and gives me 6 hours of 5p/kW. It's really new but I'm going for it. Octopus works with both the charger and car and charges when there is access power on the grid or a guaranteed between 23:30 and 05:30 at 5p. Costs can also be tracked - it's the new product following Octopus Go and Agile. Only works with Tesla's and the Tesla Gen 3 or wallbox charger so far. Hope this helps and i will let you know how it goes :)

Hi, I have gone onto the beta tariff from Octopus called "Intelligent Octopus" This connects with the Tesla gen 3 wall charger and gives me 6 hours of 5p/kW. It's really new but I'm going for it. Octopus works with both the charger and car and charges when there is access power on the grid or a guaranteed between 23:30 and 05:30 at 5p. Costs can also be tracked - it's the new product following Octopus Go and Agile. Only works with Tesla's and the Tesla Gen 3 or wallbox charger so far. Hope this helps and i will let you know how it goes :)
Oh this is good, once set up please share some screenshots. Thank you

also how much did you pay to get a electrician to install?