Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gets Creative - Floor Diagram of AP Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
MontrealFloor.jpg

Look at the AP sensor systems diagrammed on the floor. This is the Tesla Store in Montreal. Any other locations have this?

Freedom units?

Urban Dictionary: freedom units

And from memory of some tech specs somewhere, I think the farthest those ultrasonic sensors can detect is 12ft, with varying degrees of lost accuracy depending on the enviroment. Of course, watch me say that and Tesla releases a statement about building a 3D environment using sound waves for 50ft behind the car.

The ultrasonic coverage shown is a wish range at best. While driving, plenty of times I see a car (no, not the invisible tall big rig trailer) within 16 feet of my car, but sensors show noting. There is also a blind spot near the middle of the car, if you maneuver just right you can get a hydrant shaped hole in the side of your car without the parking sensors giving any warnings.

From that web page:

freedom units
Universal measurements of American awesomeness. It encompasses all types of units (temperature, length, area, volume, speed, weight, GDP, etc).
It is going to be a hot 101° Freedom units outside today
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that is meant as a joke, because it is pretty silly.

There is nothing "awesome" about the archaic measurement system used in the US. The metric system, as used by the rest of the world, is rational and easier to use.

In any case, 3 meters is about 9 ft 10 inches, not "10-12ft" as stated. As pointed out above, Tesla claims the ultrasonic sensors go out to 16 ft.

Last edited:
From that web page:

freedom units
Universal measurements of American awesomeness. It encompasses all types of units (temperature, length, area, volume, speed, weight, GDP, etc).
It is going to be a hot 101° Freedom units outside today
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that is meant as a joke, because it is pretty silly.

There is nothing "awesome" about the archaic measurement system used in the US. The metric system, as used by the rest of the world, is rational and easier to use.

In any case, 3 meters is about 9 ft 10 inches, not "10-12ft" as stated. As pointed out above, Tesla claims the ultrasonic sensors go out to 16 ft.
I found the European.....

• Disagree
Reactions: Jagwease