Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gigafactory ahead of schedule, but off-track on job, investment projections

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was discussed a little in the short-term thread, but being ahead of schedule with lower than expected costs is not a bad thing for Tesla. Maybe not ideal for Nevada but Gov. Sandoval doesn't seem too worried about it. They can always make up the difference by extorting Nevada solar owners a little more.

I also question RGZ's objectivity after the trespassing/assault incident.

I agree. RGZ is likely to be biased on this one. Plus, where did that 11b come from? I thought it's more like 5b.

This was discussed a little in the short-term thread, but being ahead of schedule with lower than expected costs is not a bad thing for Tesla. Maybe not ideal for Nevada but Gov. Sandoval doesn't seem too worried about it. They can always make up the difference by extorting Nevada solar owners a little more.

I also question RGZ's objectivity after the trespassing/assault incident.

Ignore the article. The numbers used are from the first three quarters of 2015, and are stated as being the total from the entire year, through Q4. Now other sites are citing the RGJ. As mentioned above, there is a very strong anti-Tesla bias after the assault.