Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gigafactory Investor Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Continuing my gigafactory employment tracking on LinkedIn, the past two months have shown a big slowdown in Tesla headcount growth. September had a 1% increase while October had a 5% increase, almost all of which was in the last week or so. Tesla is currently employing at least 162. Compare to Tesla employment totals as of June 30, 2016 provided to the State of Nevada of 356.

Panasonic has also slowed down its hiring somewhat at the gigafactory. September had a 12% increase and October had a 4% increase. Panasonic has 48+ employees in the area (not all of whom work at the gigafactory). Compare to Panasonic employment totals as of June 30, 2016 provided to the State of Nevada of 63.

Continuing my gigafactory employment tracking on LinkedIn, the past two months have shown slower but steady increases in Tesla headcount. July had a 9% increase while August had an 8% increase. Tesla is currently employing at least 154. Compare to Tesla employment totals as of June 30, 2016 provided to the State of Nevada of 356.

Panasonic has continued to hire at a good clip for the gigafactory. July had a 21% increase and August had a 17% increase. Panasonic has 41+ employees in the area (not all of whom work at the gigafactory). Compare to Panasonic employment totals as of June 30, 2016 provided to the State of Nevada of 63.

web1_Tesla.gigafactory_22.jpg

Tesla-Gigafactory-July-24-2016-Labels.jpg

Due to a severe delay in my flight and change of schedule, I didn't have the time to drive up to that security point. I tried to spot it before I land in Reno but Sunday was cloudy and can't see a thing.

But, I found the locals are very excited about Tesla. A Realtor estimated it will bring 30k jobs (including affiliated supply chain etc.) and very happy about it (rising house price). The hotel I stayed in was filled with Tesla and Panasonic employees. When I was wearing my Tesla jacket on the street and in restaurants, people kept asking me if I am working with Tesla. Although I'm not, I still had some friendly chats with locals.