Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Gigafactory Investor Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or proceed with Reno regardless and stager a second in SA if the law is changed

I really think they need to do two so that they have redundancy. If some natural or industrial disaster took the solitary Gigafactory offline for an extended period they'd have a near impossible task to meet demand even by going back to past suppliers. Capacity just wouldn't be there. I also think it's a bullish sign that 500K/year cars is not the end game, its a stop on the longer hyperloop of success.

Just a thought, could a potential Chinese partner help fund for gigafactory? Tesla will eventually find a strategic partner in China to save on taxes and quickly expand in local markets. Does anybody see this a possibility?

Just a thought, could a potential Chinese partner help fund for gigafactory? Tesla will eventually find a strategic partner in China to save on taxes and quickly expand in local markets. Does anybody see this a possibility?

Elon met with Terry Guo on his trip to China. Terry is founder and CEO of Foxconn - the 3rd largest electronics supplier globally after Samsung and Apple (by revenue). Foxconn subsidiaries are already Tesla suppliers and Terry is advocating for a Foxconn partnership to manufacture in China.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Insiders+Blog/Foxconn+Said+to+Lobby+Tesla+(TSLA)+for+China+Production+Lines/9412377.html

Foxconn. Has about $2 Trillion in assets.

Shareholder Letter ER Q1 2014:

"Planning discussions with Panasonic and other potential production and supply chain partners continue to go well and we are pleased with the high interest level in the project."

I want a lot more color on gigaF. TM barely beat their Q1 guidance and didn't raise 2014 guidance. Mgmt had to know the stock would sell off. Give us investors some developments. Announcement Dates of state selection etc... Something / anything...

Panasonic would be the exclusive cell manufacturer inside the giga factory campus. They'd produce 35gwh of cells. Other cell mfgs would supply tesla outside the GF for tesla to make more battery packs/modules. Total output from GF is 50gwh.

This is the details I wanted to see. Very nice tesla. Thank you