Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Grey or Satin Black Powder Coat Wheels? (pearl white M3)

What color to powder coat wheels on Pearl White M3

• Dark Grey

Votes: 64 50.8%
  • Satin Black

Votes: 62 49.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unmounting, powder coating, remounting and ceramic coating the wheels and calipers if my memory serves me right.
There’s a place in Chula Vista that does powder coating for less then $500 that a couple people told me about and has really good Yelp reviews. I would hve taken my car there but it was just a little too far for me. So I ended up going to Viral Vinyl Works. Here the place in case you guys want to look into them.

Bradford Powder Coating - Chula Vista, CA

Last edited:
Reactions: omar and SD_Engnr
88A4B3E1-5234-4E2C-B808-DE1695F73625.jpeg
There’s a place in Chula Vista that does powder coating for less then $500 that a couple people told me about and has really good Yelp reviews. I would hve taken my car there but it was just a little too far for me. So I ended up going to Viral Vinyl Works. Here the place in case you guys want to look into them.

Bradford Powder Coating - Chula Vista, CA

Bradford did our MX wheels. We are picky and won't hesitate to point out every flaw and do over if not absolutely perfect. They even used colored black balance weights even though you can barely see them in the interior of the wheel. Under $500 for four complete powdercoated wheels with tire reinstall/balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnC and omar
View attachment 317339

Bradford did our MX wheels. We are picky and won't hesitate to point out every flaw and do over if not absolutely perfect. They even used colored black balance weights even though you can barely see them in the interior of the wheel. Under $500 for four complete powdercoated wheels with tire reinstall/balance.

This is great info! Looks like I know where to go now! How long ago did you have that done?

I heard of some people doing same day service if you go early. They use a separate tire dealer a few miles away to dismount/remount/balance. I purchased a second set of new wheels/tires (takeoffs) from Craiglist and gave them 3 days to complete the powdercoating and tire re-install.

I heard of some people doing same day service if you go early. They use a separate tire dealer a few miles away to dismount/remount/balance. I purchased a second set of new wheels/tires (takeoffs) from Craiglist and gave them 3 days to complete the powdercoating and tire re-install.
That place mentioned above appears to have same day turn around. It's a bit of a drive for me, but it might be worth it based on their reviews and turn around time.

Reactions: Axtrader
I did high tech window tint , chrome delete with 3m silver metallic , carbon fiber wrap on side mirrors , total ceramic coating and paint protection film on front and back .. all through Elite Finishing in miramar .. they’re truly the best . They quoted me 1K for powder coating my 2020 Model S plus / FSD ..