Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in 2016.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You said that better than I did. All this stuff that isn't necessary, the doors, the wind shield, the second row seats - make the car more expensive and harder to build, cause the delays, cause the high price.
Customers will disappear and Tesla will be on their way to bankrupcy in 12 months.

That's a pretty bold claim. Are you prepared to eat your hat (or shoe) if your prediction turns out to be wrong?

Customers will disappear and Tesla will be on their way to bankrupcy in 12 months.
I am looking forward to reminding you of that statement at the end of 2016 when it will be clear that Tesla has had another record-breaking production year.
By the way, your location is shown as being "earth". Are you sure of that? Might want to check...

With orders to fill their production capacity through June (30,000 Model X and about 5,000 Model S), success for 2016 will be ramping production above 1600 cars a week and getting GF phase 1 complete. If they produce over 35,000 in the first half of 2016, they should produce 80,000 for the year. If GF phase one is done, Tesla Energy should hit 1bn in revenue and begin pouring concrete for phase 2 by Q4 2016.
Model 3 is the beginning of meeting their mission statement. If they succeed, it will move the dial from an early adopter car to mainstream consciousness. Success for Model 3 in 2016 would be over 50,000 orders.

I would like to also see them move the original Line 1 and original paint system to the Europe factory to reduce currency impact and speed up deliveries. Probably a stretch, but would like to see the groundwork set for a second plant by end of next year.

You said that better than I did. All this stuff that isn't necessary, the doors, the wind shield, the second row seats - make the car more expensive and harder to build, cause the delays, cause the high price.

I disagree. As a Model S owner with an X on order, I'm so excited about the windshield and the doors that I'm about to explode. There are going to be a lot of jealous wives in other luxury SUVs when the X starts hitting the streets, and the X will quickly outsell other $70K and up SUVs, just like the Model S outsells all other car makers in the large luxury car market.

Success for Model 3 in 2016 would be over 50,000 orders.

Considering the world-wide distribution and well-known quality of Model S plus the much larger market for Model 3, the orders for Model 3 should far exceed anything we've seen for Model S or Model X. One million orders at the time Model 3 is first delivered is not out of the question; several hundred thousand orders by the end of 2016 would not surprise me, especially if the deposit is $2,000.

Tesla in 2016.

What more and less important stuff do we know/think/expect/guess/predict that will happen in 2016?

- Production ramp up of the Tesla Model X;
- Reveal of the Tesla Model 3 concept (and start of reservations);
- Start of the production of battery cells in the Gigafactory;
- Reveal of a bigger battery pack for the S/X (more than 90 kWh)?;
- Geographical expansion?;
- Another factory?;
- Etc.

What more?

I think that Tesla Motors will announce in June 2016 (at the latest) further investments for their plans for expansion of the production capacity of both the Tesla Model S and the Tesla Model X at the Fremont factory.