Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla insurance missing from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi fellow tesla owners :)

new owner here and i have tesla insurance. i noticed in the app that anything insurance related is missing. when i signed up i used the app but now nada.

ive checkect Profile > Account and nothing is there. ive reintalled and still nothing. i checked online and it clearly states that i am payed up and covered.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Depends on your app store settings. Mine updates automatically on iOS, but not as soon as the update becomes available.
On the bolded part it's because even if the developer rolls out an update to 100% of users at once, it can take awhile.

But, if they choose to use phased releases, it can take longer. See https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/dev3d65fcee1. Developers don't have to follow those slow fixed percentages. My work has an iOS app that's released regularly and those percentages are too slow a rollout for us. So, we start with a phased rollout and go to "100%" pretty quickly.

For Android, they have flexible percentages and give developers a lot more flexibility: Release app updates with staged rollouts - Play Console Help. I'm not involved in my company's Android app.

Also, I recall for Android due to the way their updates work, if you're not within the staged rollout percentage group, even if you manually update, you may/will not receive what is actually the latest version for your Android OS version.

For iOS (assuming you have a recent enough iOS verison), if you chose to manually check and update, it doesn't matter if you're within the phased rollout group (e.g. 1%, 2%, etc.) or the developer has paused the release, you will see and can pick up the latest release.

Last edited:
Has the same issue. Went to the Play store to update the app explicitly (I have auto updates turned on, not sure why it didn't update on its own). Then had to 'Force Stop' to app and re-open.

The insurance tile shows up after clicking on your profile pic (top right)...the option is between the vehicle (or Solar if you have solar) and the Shop tile.

Reactions: teabone
thanks for the replies everyone. so anything app related did not work (sign in/out, reinstall, etc).

what finally worked for me was calling tesla insurance. they needed to push the profile/settings through and that did the trick.

Had the same issue. What worked for me on Android was going into the app settings within the phones settings menu and doing the following:
1. Sign out of Tesla app.
2. Go into phone settings menu.
3. Go into apps.
4. Locate the Tesla App and click it.
5. In app storage clear app cache and data.
6. Uninstall app, reinstall app, sign in.

That did the trick for me.

Had the same issue. What worked for me on Android was going into the app settings within the phones settings menu and doing the following:
3. Go into apps.

Thank you - these instructions worked for me on Android! This was incredibly helpful, it was driving me crazy.

3. Go into apps.

I have tried all of this and the insurance links still don't show up in the app. I check and am running the latest version. Calling Tesla Insurance didn't help, they don't know what the problem is either. Anybody else having this problem and figure out how to fix it?

Also happening to me. There's no Safety Score tab as well as no Insurance tab.
I thought I posted my solution a while back but maybe not. I went to a Tesla store and explained the problem to them thinking there must be some issue with my account, like Tesla not knowing my address or something. They rescanned my drivers license into a computer, maybe checked a few other things with my profile, and that seemed to fix the problem. After that I was able to access the insurance tabs in the Tesla app.

I had this same problem and tried everything mentioned above with no success - Calling Tesla Insurance, calling Tesla App Support, reinstalling, updating, etc. - It finally showed up in my app this week after a new app version released, so you may have some luck with the latest app update.

I have the same issue with my iPhone. When I go to the Documents screen on the Tesla app, a blank page shows up and freezes so I can't even go back. I had to call Tesla Insurance to get them to email me a copy of my dec page and ID card. Installing and reinstalling the app, logging out and deleting the app and restarting my phone didn't work, either. :(

I'm having this issue as well, tried calling tesla insurance the wait time is over 2 hrs. Very bad user experience, Why does everything needs to be via the app, why can't I view my insurance info on their website. So dumb, and I'm very much frustrated :mad: