Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla IPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Err.. you mean you sell shares that you don't actually own, and then buy to cover after the price falls.

Almost always, yes.

Most "short sales" involve borrowing shares from a broker, selling them at a peak, and then re-buying that same amount of shares after the price falls. The shares are "returned" to the broker and the price difference (assuming it's positive) is kept as a profit.

Not to mention that the share price is still alot over IPO and still a lot higher than the $20 I've convinced myself is the limit before I buy my 100 shares or so. I was sitting here most of monday hoping the shares would dip down around or below $20. So no purchase yet for me..

Cobos

Not to mention that the share price is still alot over IPO and still a lot higher than the $20 I've convinced myself is the limit before I buy my 100 shares or so. I was sitting here most of monday hoping the shares would dip down around or below $20. So no purchase yet for me..

Cobos
Me too. I was almost tempted around $25 or so but held off. Probably a mistake.