Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is annoying me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 5 weeks of waiting for my white/white p3d I received my delivery text this morning. Asked to schedule a delivery date by tonight or one will be selected for me.

All day I can't access the link from my phone, so I finally try it on my laptop.

I get choice of any day through Saturday. No matter what day and time I select, I get an error message saying the time is no longer available.

They said pick the car up in Marina Del Rey. I scheduled delivery for Burbank.

I had no notice to schedule an electrician, despite waiting 5 weeks with no word from Tesla.

On top of it all, my Sales Advisor chose this week for his vacation.

Tesla, now you work on MY schedule. If you don't like it, I'm happy to judicially punk you into submission.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get choice of any day through Saturday. No matter what day and time I select, I get an error message saying the time is no longer available.
You can just call your delivery department of Tesla Showroom, and they will schedule your delivery. You don't need a sales advisor anymore as it is ready for delivery, and there is multiple sales advisor in any showroom.

My experience at here ( NJ Paramus) is top notch, and You are just venting out without being objective about it here. What does Tesla got to do with Electrician?

• Disagree
Reactions: Triplett and DOC52
Once I received that automated text I called the delivery center I chose and just talked it out with them. Became friends with the manager and he’s been sending me updates on where my car is at. There are still good people trying to help us all out getting cars. My suggestion would be to reach out and just be excited about getting your car. They might help you out more than you think. Good luck!

You can just call your delivery department of Tesla Showroom, and they will schedule your delivery. You don't need a sales advisor anymore as it is ready for delivery, and there is multiple sales advisor in any showroom.

My experience at here ( NJ Paramus) is top notch, and You are just venting out without being objective about it here. What does Tesla got to do with Electrician?
it's called "short notice"....my electrician isn't sitting around all day waiting for me to call. SMH

Once I received that automated text I called the delivery center I chose and just talked it out with them. Became friends with the manager and he’s been sending me updates on where my car is at. There are still good people trying to help us all out getting cars. My suggestion would be to reach out and just be excited about getting your car. They might help you out more than you think. Good luck!
Appreciate the reply.

Tesla is annoying with the way they handle things, I was told that my referal codes would be added multiple times and given different dates by which they still haven't been added. We're paying a lot of money, but getting treated badly, it sucks really.

I'm actually thinking of cancelling all together as the poor service ruins the enjoyment and whole point of getting a new vehicle. If you're not enjoying the experience then what's the point.

Reactions: dwalme and jkoya
After 5 weeks of waiting for my white/white p3d...

it's called "short notice"....my electrician isn't sitting around all day waiting for me to call. SMH

Dude, you've had 5 weeks, why were you waiting until the last minute? Even only having been here for 2 months you should have been able to see that short notice was a distinct possibility. Call the delivery center itself and talk to a real person there is every chance they can work with you to push it back a few days, any more than that though and there is a real chance that they'll allocate the car to someone else and put you back on the waiting list.

Last edited:
The delivery experience is not Tesla’s strength. Many of us have experienced a lack or organization trying to get our car. You’ll forget about it once you take delivery and be happy you did. Hopefully you are getting some free supercharging miles you can use for the next few days until your electrician arrives. Good luck with it.

Let 'em try...big mistake.

You have mentioned "sue" a couple different times in a couple of different threads. Your posts also come across as very combative (but you likely know this and / or dont care). You are certainly welcome to try "suing" tesla because they wont hold your car past a certain point, but thats not likely to get you anywhere.

Here is an honest opinion, take it for what its worth. I dont think the tesla experience is going to work for you. Tesla has a lot of quirks, and some are understandable, and some frankly are not. The image you portray here is not one of a person who is going to deal "at all" with teslas quirks and issues at all.

Its my opinion that this is the wrong car company for you, and you should re focus your efforts to a brand that has the processes "down" more. Lexus is very good at the customer service experience (but the cars can be a bit soul less). You are not going to be able to sue tesla every time they do something you dont like, and if you think you are, your just going to be wasting your time and their time, and still not getting what you want.

You either need to relax a bit, and understand the type of company you are dealing with, which is well meaning most of the time, but can be a bit problematic procedurally, or just cancel your order and move to another brand... because they are certainly not going to perform at the level you seem to expect, and I predict that your actual ownership experience will not be any better than your purchasing experience has been... and you will likely be very unhappy and "looking to sue" for something else.

My delivery experience on March 5th went very smoothly, but...
I was unable to get the DA to give me the date of manufacture either the day before or the day of until I began to sign the paperwork I asked again for the date of manufacture and in a very smooth tone he told me to relax. It was kinda like “Stay in your lane bro”. I believe the DA was being intentionally evasive. I was hoping for a 2019 car, but then was told it was built in July 2018. WTF? Where the hell has this car been all that time? And since I’ve already signed some of the paperwork I thought well I can’t reject the car now. My bad for not looking at the build date sticker, but was caught up in the moment. Thankfully the car was pretty much perfect. 60 miles on the ODO.
There is a silver lining however. Because the car was sold as a 2018, I saved quite a bit of money in savings on the MA excise tax. It’s the same car that’s rolling of the line today except mine has the glorious orange roof. Overall I’m pleased with my car.

Reactions: jkoya
A Delivery Advisor should reach out to schedule an appointment if there are none showing. They want to get your car off the lot, as it will be taking up space.

As to notice to install a plug, I'm pretty sure that you should have known that when you ordered the car, you would need a solution. Since time from availability to delivery is often days, I would have never recommended to wait until the car was here.

And feel free to make them work at YOUR schedule, that will just put the car back into availability for others and get you requeued for another 5 week wait. It is totally YOUR choice.

Why do you need to have the electrician come the day the car arrives to install an outlet? Also, a simple phone call to the delivery center could’ve saved you the trouble. When I got my car, called the center and requested a Saturday. Request was granted...no big deal.

Reactions: dhrivnak
A Delivery Advisor should reach out to schedule an appointment if there are none showing. They want to get your car off the lot, as it will be taking up space.

As to notice to install a plug, I'm pretty sure that you should have known that when you ordered the car, you would need a solution. Since time from availability to delivery is often days, I would have never recommended to wait until the car was here.

And feel free to make them work at YOUR schedule, that will just put the car back into availability for others and get you requeued for another 5 week wait. It is totally YOUR choice.
No, they haven't...despite their fraudulent promise to do so, and just like their promise to deliver in approximately 2 weeks.

Like I said, go ahead and screw me around. I know nothing about car manufacturing but, as a lawyer for 25 years, I know how to file class action lawsuits and retire. Done it once already but this is the one occasion that might bring me back to the field of play. I don't do well with stupidity.