Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla July orders- MYLR Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
waiting.

west coast/pnw order here; my hunch is one of two things happen: this weekend or next (1) my order and EDD updates to Dec, or (2) I get pushed back to Feb 2021. I've been on this rollercoaster long enough that I know my current EDD window is the least likely time I'll be taking delivery 😂

• Funny
Reactions: MY-user
It seems that the time from order to delivery for MYs varies all over the place even for MYs with the same configuration. One theory that I have heard is the delivery time may depend on the capacity of your specific delivery center to handle the incoming number of vehicles. For example, if the Tesla order delivery scheduler (computer) knows that the Tesla delivery location in city xyz can only handle 50 deliveries per week while the Tesla delivery location a hundred miles away in city abc can handle 100 deliveries per week then customers in city xyz may end up getting later delivery dates as the result of there being a separate delivery queue set up for each location. Of course, we know that the specific options selected when the MY is ordered will impact the delivery date, but perhaps the delivery location can also have a significant impact.

Any thoughts on this scenario?

It seems that the time from order to delivery for MYs varies all over the place even for MYs with the same configuration. One theory that I have heard is the delivery time may depend on the capacity of your specific delivery center to handle the incoming number of vehicles. For example, if the Tesla order delivery scheduler (computer) knows that the Tesla delivery location in city xyz can only handle 50 deliveries per week while the Tesla delivery location a hundred miles away in city abc can handle 100 deliveries per week then customers in city xyz may end up getting later delivery dates as the result of there being a separate delivery queue set up for each location. Of course, we know that the specific options selected when the MY is ordered will impact the delivery date, but perhaps the delivery location can also have a significant impact.

actually..... that makes sense

I absolutely agree with that theory. People with my configuration and later ODs on both coasts (East and West) have gotten their MYs while I continue with a Jan-Feb EDD.

I would think that if and when the new batteries go into production vehicles and result in mileage shifting from 327 to 400 they will most certainly increase the price and only offer the new ones at the revised cost. Anybody thinks they will ship 400M range MYs at current price to existing orders? Thoughts

I would think that if and when the new batteries go into production vehicles and result in mileage shifting from 327 to 400 they will most certainly increase the price and only offer the new ones at the revised cost. Anybody thinks they will ship 400M range MYs at current price to existing orders? Thoughts
I believe if it’s the new standard and not an option, all existing orders will get it at no additional cost

Reactions: Chadster
I could see them doing the 327 as MY and then the 400 as MY LR. If you want the 400, you have to place new order.

My EDD has been moving from June to March 14 to April 11. I am however thinking of canceling and reordering to try and improve my odds of getting some of the 2022 upgrades.
4680 battery
12 volt lithium battery
upgraded infotainment system AMD
better glass at the rear
upgraded rotors and brakes.

Reactions: ap105
If Tesla increases the range to 400 for Y then all other models will have to change. I doubt they would do something like this. It would also depreciate all older Teslas.