Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla keeps taking over my bluetooth while in garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I park my Tesla M3 in the garage and I live directly above it in a small condo, so the proximity is pretty close. The key stays connected because the bluetooth is close enough in range at all times. Intermittently, the Tesla keeps stealing my bluetooth audio and connecting to it. I can manually disconnect it on my phone, then after listening or making a call for a few seconds it automatically reconnects the bluetooth to the car. It's really annoying and happens often, but sometimes it doesn't for some reason. Does this happen to other people? How do you fix it? I hate having to turn off bluetooth and turn it back on at home.

For reference, mine only does this when the doors are open or closed but someone is in the seat (as @johnm) said. I wear my Bluetooth headphones when I work in the garage and when I wash the car, and I never have any issues unless I open the doors. Do you notice your screen not turning off or other indications that the car isn’t sleeping?

I'm usually in the house before the bluetooth automatically connects and the car takes over the audio. Usually the car is asleep, but it might be waking up intermittently through the app somehow. I don't usually have the app running actively, but I usually have the app running in the background with options in notification bar. This is on android. Over time, I'm going to observe what causes it to wake up and steal my bluetooth.