Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla lawyers refute Elons assertions about Tesla battery life/reliability compared to ICE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey look, famous anti-tesla troll lies about the headline again :)

His own source said:
the claim is that the vehicle would not live as long as its battery pack because other components would fail before it did.

Other than citing the length of the battery warranty that's the only thing in the entire story- beside Musks original claims they last a long time- about the batteries.

So the link SUPPORTS that.... with Teslas lawyers saying something OTHER than batteries would be what made you get rid of the car- the batteries would still be fine at that point.

Plus- of course- the case is trying to work off decades of previous cases around "how long does a car last" and each individual judge seems to have a different opinion on what it means to try and apply the existing standards to EVs.

Well, but they don’t. Was dismissed.
Yes, dismissed in lower court only, but not totally dismissed for the entire legal process:

"As positive as it may sound that Musk’s lack of credibility helped Tesla in this verdict, the company appealed it, and the case is now with the Higher Regional Court of Munich (Oberlandesgericht München) under the number 18 U 4051/22. "

The Higher Regional Court of Munich has not dismissed the case just yet.

Last edited:
Yep.
The emperors clothes are definitely starting to fall off...everywhere.

EAAC6A21-790D-4F27-831A-DB401DBFACBF.gif

Meanwhile in reality

D6D2EBCB-FF0F-4DA7-B61F-835992060CD6.png

Reactions: WyoDude
View attachment 909783

Meanwhile in reality

View attachment 909782

I think you meant this one:

1677015844538.png

Some of you didn’t read the story: Emperors clothes relates to revealing of the TRUE person coming to light. The story of the emperors clothes has nothing to do with a business succeeding or failing. (In FACT, many believe that Tesla would continue to do fine or even BETTER if Elon stepped down as CEO and spent more time focused on his lil Twitter toy).

In this particular instance, the emperor with his clothes on won Time magazines, Man of the Year 12 months ago. Back when people actually believed, there was going to be a robotaxi service with 1 million robotaxi’s on the road.

Contrast that to: The guy who said radar was a crutch, and he would never use it again. And now five months later, it’s being added back to his vehicles due to failure of vision only.

When people believed a Tesla with FSD would drive itself from New York City to LA with zero human input. And today FSD on federal national recall and each week his FSD is slamming into stationary objects and emergency vehicles causing deaths.

When people believed that Elon was actually going to make useful ventilators out of car parts for Covid victims but instead, purchased CPAP machines.

Now we have the same narcissistic guy, manipulating Twitter’s algorithms to get his tweets more visibility for attention seeking.

The same guy who is running Twitter into the ground.

THATS…the guy we now see. The emperor in his draws.

Your welcome. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
In that regard Elon was always naked, he has never been afraid to rock out with his cock out…. He’s deserved all the Accolades he has recieved. And a lot of the criticism. Problems is he is an imperfect hero and people can’t seem to see gray anymore.

But he isn’t running Twitter into the ground. Advertisers have returned and engagement is up.

That’s just triggered liberals….which btw, I consider myself liberal, just not triggered. Who cares if Twitter fails, it ain’t my money. Humanity won’t be worse off if it fails, and quite possibly might be better..

Reactions: WyoDude
...Problems is he is an imperfect hero and people can’t seem to see gray anymore...
Humans are imperfect, but when most of us make a mistake, we would repent and make whole to those affected.

That's why there's a terminology called "shotgun weddings."

If he's flirting with FSD and it can't still drive on its own without supervision, just admits the mistake, repent and pays back the customers for the purchase.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Humans are imperfect, but when most of us make a mistake, we would repent and make whole to those affected.

That's why there's a terminology called "shotgun weddings."

If he's flirting with FSD and it can't still drive on its own without supervision, just admits the mistake, repent and pays back the customers for the purchase.

Most humans aren’t hero’s either…. But yeah, I mean, once Elon is facing the barrel of the proverbial shotgun we will get there. Till then…. she was sleeping with everyone and Elon never even climaxed…

Some of you didn’t read the story:

You, for example.

Your thread title regarding battery life is factually wrong...

The only thing Elon said in the story was the batteries will probably last a certain amount of time.

NOTHING in the story contradicts that.

At all.

Indeed the argument Tesla made in court was the batteries would outlast the useful life of the rest of the car such that the fact the batteries will last that long- and Elon said they would- is not relevant to how long the overall car is likely to remain in service.

There's ABSOLUTELY stuff Elon says that's nonsense.

This was not, remotely, an example of that.

As I've mentioned before, whoever pays you to spread the FUD is not getting his moneys worth with you.

Reactions: 30seconds
You, for example.

Your thread title regarding battery life is factually wrong...

The only thing Elon said in the story was the batteries will probably last a certain amount of time.

NOTHING in the story contradicts that.

At all.

Indeed the argument Tesla made in court was the batteries would outlast the useful life of the rest of the car such that the fact the batteries will last that long- and Elon said they would- is not relevant to how long the overall car is likely to remain in service.

There's ABSOLUTELY stuff Elon says that's nonsense.

This was not, remotely, an example of that.

As I've mentioned before, whoever pays you to spread the FUD is not getting his moneys worth with you.
Actually, re-read the headline of the article and my post again. They match, as the mods have previously required them to match. Comprehend it fully. And understand why the courts rejected the lie of how long a Tesla lasts claim by Elon.

And the pack is the MOST EXPENSIVE COMPONENT. Imagine paying $22k for a replacement pack on a well used car valued at $19k. 🤣🤣

Also You should consider paying to see why your “ignore” button for me continues to “fail”. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Actually, re-read the headline of the article and my post again. They match

They don't though-- because the only Elon claim in YOUR OWN SOURCE was about the battery lasting a long time.

And Teslas own arguments say the battery will outlast the rest of the car again per YOUR source.

Which you don't appear to have read. Or understood. Maybe both.

And the pack is the MOST EXPENSIVE COMPONENT.

Which is why the fact it'll outlast the rest of the car is so awesome. Thanks for pointing that out! Another great reason to buy a Tesla :)

Also You should consider paying to see why your “ignore” button for me continues to “fail”. 🤣🤣

I don't have anyone on ignore, and never have.

I get that you want people who know better to ignore your constant firehose of FUD and misinformation so you can keeps spreading it unchecked- but that just means we end up with more uncorrected misinformation--- so once again your advice is objectively awful.

They don't though-- because the only Elon claim in YOUR OWN SOURCE was about the battery lasting a long time.

And Teslas own arguments say the battery will outlast the rest of the car again per YOUR source.

Which you don't appear to have read. Or understood. Maybe both.

Which is why the fact it'll outlast the rest of the car is so awesome. Thanks for pointing that out! Another great reason to buy a Tesla :)

I don't have anyone on ignore, and never have.

I get that you want people who know better to ignore your constant firehose of FUD and misinformation so you can keeps spreading it unchecked- but that just means we end up with more uncorrected misinformation--- so once again your advice is objectively awful.
FIRST you say I want attention. Then you say I want you to ignore me. PICK A SIDE! 🤣

But again, you are totally incorrect about the article and interpreting the way you feel about Elon. And that’s fine. Just realize…rational people see through him now. And the lawsuits, recalls, and ongoing twitter failings are sure to continue.

Oh…and there will be no robotaxi service…this year..or next…or the next…(surprise!)

Last edited:
FIRST you say I want attention.

No, I did not say that anywhere in the thread.

If you're going to outright lie about what someone said maybe at least wait for the scroll to be longer than 1 page so it's harder for people to catch you doing it?

But again, you are totally incorrect about the article

I'm not of course. I directly quoted the article proving it-way back in post 5- since you hadn't actually read it yourself.

It directly cites Teslas argument that the battery would outlast the car

Which supports not disagrees with Elons claim about the battery.

And makes your pointing out it's the most expensive part of the car-- but will outlast the car-- a great reason to buy a tesla

Which seems the opposite of your goals with every post you ever made here-- which is why it's even funnier. You're not even FUDing well.