Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Leasing Underwriter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla Finance assign the leases to an underwriter? I've read before this is US Bank, although communication for my previously leased Model S still originates from Tesla Finance.

-- I ask because I am taking delivery of a Model X P100D tomorrow. Currently I am the only one on the lease, but we will want to add my Wife at a later date (post student loan payoff). I've heard there is only 1 lease assumption (they stated transfer isn't the right word) permitted during the course of the lease. It is likely I will want to lease another car in approximately 18 months, and will do a lease assumption to an outside party at that time.

In speaking with a Tesla Finance rep over the phone they stated they are not aware of a 1 time lease assumption (they stated transfer isn't the right word). I have requested verbage or rules of lease assumptions in writing, but have not received a response. Thoughts?

-- I know I could just not add my Wife to the lease, but without going into details this isn't the debate for this post. The number of lease assumptions and the rules are the focus for this thread.