TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by T3slaMecca, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. amazinglarry

amazinglarry Member

This spreadsheet was super helpful. I was able to get a great rate and that helped finalize my decision to get the car. Thanks so much for putting this together!!!!!

• Like x 1
  2. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

This was what I was aiming for, the low rates can make/break buy decisions. I know it was for me. What rate/term did you get and for which credit union?

Glad it was helpful :)

3. MSDreamz

MSDreamz Member

what is the best rate everyone getting for 84 months? credit score 750+ I applied with 2 of the ones listed and was higher then listed.

4. JBFMCAR

JBFMCAR Member

Yeah who has done a 60 or 72 in past week I have all 800+ across the board and Live In florida just don’t want to have my credit pulled to many times.

5. rohitchopra

rohitchopra Member

Hello I live in Central NJ. Has anyone had any success with the CU's listed in this sheet? What rate did you get? How long did it take?
    PS My score is 820+

6. NoBodyYouKnow

NoBodyYouKnow Member

I got 1.49% through the DOLFCU.org for 48 months. You have to be an past or present employee or a family member of someone who is. Rate was 1.99 less .50 for EVs. Loan Rates - DOLFCU

7. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

I applied with Sharonview on Friday. 1.99% for 60 months with 800+ score. Waiting on results of application and will let you know any issues. They offered 2.74% for 72 months.

8. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

I saw a notice on Clearpath's site today that says they are no longer financing EVs.

Effective 1/4/19, we have reached our goal of financing over $8 Million in Electric Vehicles for our members! We appreciate all our Members who have come to Clearpath for their Electric Vehicle loans. Due to this unprecedented demand and reaching our goal, we are suspending Electric Vehicle financing until further notice. We continue to offer some of the lowest rates available on all types of conventional auto and truck loans and are ready to serve your needs! Please contact us for our best rates and terms.

• Helpful x 1
  9. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

Thanks, I'll remove them from the sheet.

• Helpful x 1
  10. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

I just talked to Sharonview and my application was approved - up to 60 months and 1.99% without any downpayment requirements (used Model S purchase). It took 2 days for the application to be reviewed and approved. Also no requirement to set up autopay or pay from a Sharonview account. Really nice, helpful and friendly people there. I was planning to rate shop a bit more and maybe look at Lightspeed but may just stick with Sharonview. The potential for unsecured with Lightspeed is interesting though.

11. JBFMCAR

JBFMCAR Member

What did you use to show affiliation? I wasn’t sure what to put when doing the application.

12. JBFMCAR

JBFMCAR Member

Also what branch did you end up working with.

13. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

I put Hobby Farmers as my affiliation. I actually tried to join but their site isn't working for now. I think I selected the first branch on the list but don't think it mattered. You can apply for a new member savings account at part of the loan application process.

14. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

As expected with any open Credit Union, Carolina CU increased their rates to 2.99% across the board

15. T3slaMecca

T3slaMecca Member

Added Clearpath FCU back, president emailed saying: "Yes we are continuing to fund EV loans without exclusion."

16. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

Great! Looks like the notice is down from the site too. Their rate increased though! Thanks for creating and maintaining the spreadsheet.

• Like x 1
  17. amazinglarry

amazinglarry Member

I got it through LA Fed Credit Union. Super helpful representative, great easy process. Got the same as listed on the spreadsheet at the time at 2.74%.

• Like x 2
  18. UnderCharged

UnderCharged Member

anybody use navy federal?

19. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

I've used the in the past for a car loan but their rates are pretty high now. Great to work with though!

20. rplace1021

rplace1021 Member

I finalized my loan yesterday with Sharonview and the check is being overnighted to me today. They were great to work with!