Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to create a Fairwinds account but cannot get the sign up working with Lion Nation. Anyone else run into a problem creating a Lion Nation account?
Yes. I ran into same issue and had emailed them asking them to create my membership account manually in case they have bug in the system. Got a call from them telling me that they are working on resolving the issue on their website and it should be done today or early next week.

Question:
I recently placed an order for a used Tesla by putting 2500 deposit and am shopping for auto loans now. In the sale contract that i am getting from Tesla it is indicating the loan amount as <Purchase Price+Taxes - $2500>. So essentially the 2500 will not get financed. Has anyone able to get full financing done including the 2500 deposit money. If yes then how? Did you get the 2500 refund from Tesla or did you get a check of $2500 directly from your financial institution at the closing of the loan?
Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Question:
I recently placed an order for a used Tesla by putting 2500 deposit and am shopping for auto loans now. In the sale contract that i am getting from Tesla it is indicating the loan amount as <Purchase Price+Taxes - $2500>. So essentially the 2500 will not get financed. Has anyone able to get full financing done including the 2500 deposit money. If yes then how? Did you get the 2500 refund from Tesla or did you get a check of $2500 directly from your financial institution at the closing of the loan?
Thanks in advance for any inputs.
My lender was willing to loan the total cost including taxes fees. I opted to use the deposit as a down payment but Tesla said they’d refund any overpayment if my loan had covered the deposit too.

Just FYI for anyone curious, I did the Tesla "rate match" (Tesla rate through US Bank was 3.85, my CU preapproval was for 1.99), took delivery on 12/15/18, submitted the documentation to Tesla on 12/17/18. Received the check from Tesla yesterday for the full difference amount, so approximately 1 month.

Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer
Just wrapped up the refi process with Fairwinds --in short, loan amount is ~$40,000 with a 36-month term at a rate of 0.75%. Additionally, I got the auto refi promo they have going on: $300 cash-back with a refi of $30,000+.

Big thanks to @T3slaMecca for the spreadsheet; LMK if/when you're in Oakland --lunch is on me (or rather, on Fairwinds) :)
Thanks for the offer SB82, I'm glad it worked out! :)

Just wrapped up the refi process with Fairwinds --in short, loan amount is ~$40,000 with a 36-month term at a rate of 0.75%. Additionally, I got the auto refi promo they have going on: $300 cash-back with a refi of $30,000+.

Big thanks to @T3slaMecca for the spreadsheet; LMK if/when you're in Oakland --lunch is on me (or rather, on Fairwinds) :)

I'm assuming you're in Oakland. I'm in Fremont. Will I qualify for a loan from Fairwinds?

Wow this thread is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for.

Will be putting my order in tomorrow for a MX and was wondering when is the best time to apply for loans?

I have an 800+ Credit score and would like to be 1.99% or lower

Also located in SF Bay Area and seems like either fairwinds or Sharon view is the way to go.

Any info is grately appreciated

Wow this thread is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for.

Will be putting my order in tomorrow for a MX and was wondering when is the best time to apply for loans?

I have an 800+ Credit score and would like to be 1.99% or lower

Also located in SF Bay Area and seems like either fairwinds or Sharon view is the way to go.

Any info is grately appreciated
Looks like you have everything set, since I assume MX will deliver in about a month, it's probably best to apply the loan 3 weeks before delivery. The most important thing is the MVPA for the loan officer to send you a check.

MVPA?

Curious if I should try with Mokelumne CU today for their 1.99%. Worries the rate may change tomorrow when we roll I to February
It took me 3 days or so to get approval from sharonview after applying online then a day or so turn around to get a check sent to me once I provided the MVPA. They’ll also wire directly to Tesla if preferred. Great and easy to work with. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.