Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what credit report they pull?

You’re right, joining looks to be as easy as it gets. They have a rate listed right now as low as 2.15, but doesn’t say for how many months.
They will pull your all three Credit Agencies. I financed a couple of cars with them and they'll give an approval in less than an hour. 2.15% is I believe 36 months they'll take another 0.25% off for members that are enrolled in autopay. 70 months which is what I usually go with and pay it off early will work out for members at 2.75% which isn't bad at all. They do charge a small fee for the loan application. When approved your good for 60 days before they'd want to make you reapply.

Why don’t you have Tesla just price match? That’s what I did.

They don't price match everything. They refused to match 0.82%. To be fair, my local CU also refused to match.

MOHhuEQ.jpg

Talked to Carolina FCU today and confirmed that 2.99% for up to 84 months is still offered but they need to mail you membership forms as they require wet signatures so it will take at least a week or so to get the loan application started if you're out of state...

I have mine through Carolina cooperative, that have been fantastic to work with throughout the whole process. I am out of state but very easy to sign initial paperwork and send back. Going almost a year with my car and loving every minute driving it. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Thanks to OP for this wonderful resource. I too was told by my not so local dealership that Tesla would price match and he knows I'm only getting the standard range RWD. If this is absolutely not the case I'd like to know.

Anyone here in Western NY? Of so what credit union did you use?

Talked to Carolina FCU today and confirmed that 2.99% for up to 84 months is still offered but they need to mail you membership forms as they require wet signatures so it will take at least a week or so to get the loan application started if you're out of state...

Hey Probllama, I see that you are in Colorado but were able to use the Carolina Cooperative FCU. Did they have a problem with you not living there? With that rate, I'd like to apply there too.

just got pre-qualified, waiting on underwriter approval. hit a bit of a roadblock tho. I do 4 different things income-wise and not the best with the bookkeeping :oops:

my credit is 800+, 17 year history, never missed a payment or taxes, and cash reserves $80k+. zero CC debt.

the idea of preparing a single profit and loss statement is painful b/c of the different income streams, and just in general. About $2000/mo is actual “pay stubs” but mortgage is about $2000/mo so...

I’m looking to qualify for $20k @2.74%, do you think my credit and reserves will be enough?

alternately if I just pay for the car outright, would it be easier to qualify for a “used car” refinance afterward?

just got pre-qualified, waiting on underwriter approval. hit a bit of a roadblock tho. I do 4 different things income-wise and not the best with the bookkeeping :oops:

my credit is 800+, 17 year history, never missed a payment or taxes, and cash reserves $80k+. zero CC debt.

the idea of preparing a single profit and loss statement is painful b/c of the different income streams, and just in general. About $2000/mo is actual “pay stubs” but mortgage is about $2000/mo so...

I’m looking to qualify for $20k @2.74%, do you think my credit and reserves will be enough?

alternately if I just pay for the car outright, would it be easier to qualify for a “used car” refinance afterward?

I've been told by multiple credit unions that you can still apply for new car rates for a certain period after you purchased cash upfront. I'm guessing each place has different calendars and rules but I have been told to take whatever deals available and then go to them for the lower rate. Ymmv of course

I got 3.29 through Tesla for 60months and its through chase. A local credit Union Teachers Federal Credit Union offered me 3.09.

Tesla said they will pay the difference but I can't get the approval from the credit union in time (Sunday is 7 days) because they make you open an account and submit a bunch of docs then wait for the loan person to approve.....so I am out of luck.

So I am likely out $160 in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.