Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you join the North Carolina Consumer Council that might qualify you... Credit Union Eligibility

Membership — Carolina Cooperative FCU

“Members of the North Carolina Consumers Council are also eligible to join our credit union.“

I would appreciate any feedback you have about your joining and available loan products. I’m out of state but was going to join the council and then try to apply to refinance my current loan to the 2.49% 84 month they have. I’ve had my car for about 6 months and exceed the credit score they list to qualify for that. Still, I’m curious if they’ll put up a fuss about me joining when I’m not in the state or say that the 2.49% was the lowest rate for shorter term loans and the 84 month was a higher rate, etc.

I know you pay a lot of interest on a loan that long so I’m already paying mine off on an accelerated time line to avoid that, I just like having a lower monthly payment in case something does happen (lose a job for a couple months, unforeseen large expense, etc).

I was wondering the same thing.

I think if you join the North Carolina Consumer Council that might qualify you... Credit Union Eligibility

Membership — Carolina Cooperative FCU

“Members of the North Carolina Consumers Council are also eligible to join our credit union.“

I would appreciate any feedback you have about your joining and available loan products. I’m out of state but was going to join the council and then try to apply to refinance my current loan to the 2.49% 84 month they have. I’ve had my car for about 6 months and exceed the credit score they list to qualify for that. Still, I’m curious if they’ll put up a fuss about me joining when I’m not in the state or say that the 2.49% was the lowest rate for shorter term loans and the 84 month was a higher rate, etc.

I know you pay a lot of interest on a loan that long so I’m already paying mine off on an accelerated time line to avoid that, I just like having a lower monthly payment in case something does happen (lose a job for a couple months, unforeseen large expense, etc).

I never updated my initial post, but yea that is how you join the credit union by joining that council.
Council first, you give them your 'council number', and then they mail you your credit union application to join.

That's the only bad thing is that the application to join the credit union is mailed and then you have to mail it back. It could be a week or two, before I even get approved and start applying for the loan.

Went through the leg work to do the physical work of getting a membership applying for a loan through Carolina Cooperative Credit Union.

Unfortunately, they seem pretty hesitant to give loans for private sellers, which is what I was looking for. Approved for 2.49 for 72 months, but denied unless it was through Tesla or a dealership

Ended up going through a credit union that isn't on the list Azura Credit Union 2.99 for 72 months. (Someone want to add them to the list)
Seems you can join if you are in Kansas or a government(state, local or federal) employee....

Also seems lines in 131 and below need to be cleaned up and put where they belong in the excel spreadsheet.

Went through the leg work to do the physical work of getting a membership applying for a loan through Carolina Cooperative Credit Union.

Unfortunately, they seem pretty hesitant to give loans for private sellers, which is what I was looking for. Approved for 2.49 for 72 months, but denied unless it was through Tesla or a dealership

Ended up going through a credit union that isn't on the list Azura Credit Union 2.99 for 72 months. (Someone want to add them to the list)
Seems you can join if you are in Kansas or a government(state, local or federal) employee....

Also seems lines in 131 and below need to be cleaned up and put where they belong in the excel spreadsheet.

That’s interesting.... I wonder if they would decline a refinance then. I’m the original owner and bought the car direct from Tesla... but currently am financed from another credit union.

Did you offer to tell you any of this information before running a hard credit check, or was it all “we have to run your credit before you see what we can do...”

That’s interesting.... I wonder if they would decline a refinance then. I’m the original owner and bought the car direct from Tesla... but currently am financed from another credit union.

Did you offer to tell you any of this information before running a hard credit check, or was it all “we have to run your credit before you see what we can do...”

It was all after the fact. Didn't learn till after I had a membership and pulled my credit for a loan, that their limit for a private sale loan is 30K, which is almost zero Teslas worth buying. She had to ask her boss to see if they would override. Seems they would, but then they was also nervous the seller was in the a different state(for transfer title purposes) - and them "being a small credit union" and being "burned by other private sale transactions" - they ended up saying no.

It was all after the fact. Didn't learn till after I had a membership and pulled my credit for a loan, that their limit for a private sale loan is 30K, which is almost zero Teslas worth buying. She had to ask her boss to see if they would override. Seems they would, but then they was also nervous the seller was in the a different state(for transfer title purposes) - and them "being a small credit union" and being "burned by other private sale transactions" - they ended up saying no.

Thanks for the info, maybe I’ll still reach out to them and ask that they clear all this upfront first. I wonder if they would be more open to it if money is being sent directly to another financial institution and then the title being transferred directly to them...

Hi all-

First poster here. Just ordered my M3 LR yesterday, and got approved through Tesla (Chase Bank) for 2.39% (72 month). While I'm perfectly happy with that rate, I didn't agree yet to those terms. Reason being I am waiting on the duplicate title from the state (Im in PA) and while I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it should be here within the next week or two at the latest. I just didn't want to have the delivery date set up and not have the title in time since I wanted to add in the tradein value. Should I continue to hold off on finalizing terms of financing (as I dont plan to go to any local CU's, fairly slim pickings around here), or does it not really matter, and the delivery date is whatever that date will be? Thanks!

Hi all-

First poster here. Just ordered my M3 LR yesterday, and got approved through Tesla (Chase Bank) for 2.39% (72 month). While I'm perfectly happy with that rate, I didn't agree yet to those terms. Reason being I am waiting on the duplicate title from the state (Im in PA) and while I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it should be here within the next week or two at the latest. I just didn't want to have the delivery date set up and not have the title in time since I wanted to add in the tradein value. Should I continue to hold off on finalizing terms of financing (as I dont plan to go to any local CU's, fairly slim pickings around here), or does it not really matter, and the delivery date is whatever that date will be? Thanks!

By the way, forgot to mention delivery is 3-6 weeks (although I've seen many around here are still waiting on VIN's from like March due to COVID.

Hi everyone,

This community has helped me tremendously on my Model 3 ownership journey and I thought I'd give back with this spreadsheet.

This spreadsheet pulls rates directly from the credit union's website hourly, so you're always getting the latest rates, because as you know, they change quite often these days!

The loan comparison google spreadsheet: Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Auto Update Rates

How to use the spreadsheet youtube (best viewed in 1080p): Tesla Loan Comparison Spreadsheet - Updates Hourly

Let me know if there's anything I can do to make the spreadsheet easier to use.

For now, this spreadsheet only contains US credit unions but if you know of great rates in other countries, let me know and I'll add it.

My mission is to help anyone who's interested in buying a Tesla or EVs -- let's all help each other out!

Blessings,
Khoa

Thank you. I will try. I am in Canada.
I am hopefully can use it.

great work.

So Tesla does not offer GAP insurance on any of their financing options, correct?

If you are in NC, I have looked into Carolina COOP (difficult to get any of their loan officers on the phone). Sharonview credit union, who advertised 2.24% (however after talking to them this is only for 36month term, 2.74 was the rate between 37-60 months). They now advertise 1.99%, assume this is for the 36 months as well, GAP is available for $550 (seems high comparatively).

So Tesla does not offer GAP insurance on any of their financing options, correct?

If you are in NC, I have looked into Carolina COOP (difficult to get any of their loan officers on the phone). Sharonview credit union, who advertised 2.24% (however after talking to them this is only for 36month term, 2.74 was the rate between 37-60 months). They now advertise 1.99%, assume this is for the 36 months as well, GAP is available for $550 (seems high comparatively).

Anyone in any state can join Carolina COOP

Has anyone actually been able to get CCFCU to reply? I sent their loan contact email a message a week ago with a few questions and have t heard anything back. I know all these credit unions might be really busy now, but I’m surprised after 5+ days I wasn’t able to get any email return...

Any direct contact information for anyone in their loan department?

Status
Not open for further replies.