Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I am currently shopping around for a M3 Loan and Interested in applying for the special promotion by campbell CU. This is my first time applying through CU so I am a bit confused with the process.
I am currently living in Dallas, TX and would like to open an account with them to take advantage of the loan rates. Do I have to apply for an account in person? does it require residency in FL?

any information on this process would be appreciated.

I bank with Chase and currently have had experience with Chase Auto Loans.

Hey all,

I am currently shopping around for a M3 Loan and Interested in applying for the special promotion by campbell CU. This is my first time applying through CU so I am a bit confused with the process.
I am currently living in Dallas, TX and would like to open an account with them to take advantage of the loan rates. Do I have to apply for an account in person? does it require residency in FL?

any information on this process would be appreciated.

I bank with Chase and currently have had experience with Chase Auto Loans.
You can apply if you live in TX, just join their organization (ACC -- it's free)

See if you can apply for the loan first: Application Disclosure

For some CUs, you can apply for loan and they'll just add you as a member.

Let us know how many days they rate lock you in and max % they're willing to finance the car.

Good luck! Keep us updated :)

Last edited:
Allegacy was easy to deal with and had great rates. Highly recommend. They do not wire the money, but they provide a scan of the check and tracking number. Tesla accepted that as proof of funds. They will only go up to 90% of MSRP not counting tax.

The spreadsheet in this forum was really helpful in finalizing my loan, i went with Insight Credit Union in Orlando for 2.25% but working with them is agonizingly slow and inefficient, they have outdated systems and way behind in technology, they require one to go to a branch for opening the membership, which cant be done online, on top of that they have weird requirements with buyer's order from Tesla which delayed my delivery by a week or so, i would not recommend anyone going with credit union,shop somewhere else and dont waste your time with this CU

According to the spreadsheet, there are 2 "easy" CUs for a 60 month loan, Campbell at 2.25% APR and Allegacy at 2.94% APR. The credit union I'm already a member of is offering 3.57%. The breakdown, in monthly payment amount, of the three APRs mentioned for a $27000 loan (what I'm expecting to borrow) is as follows

Campbell 2.25% - $476
Allegacy 2.85% - $484
my current CU 3.57% - $492

Though the monthly payment amounts differ very little, I acknowledge that over 60 months, the difference can add up, $480 or $960. But still, in the grand scheme of things (60 months / 5 years) it's not a HUGE difference. Do you think it's worth the trouble to still apply to one of those CUs in the spreadsheet?

According to the spreadsheet, there are 2 "easy" CUs for a 60 month loan, Campbell at 2.25% APR and Allegacy at 2.94% APR. The credit union I'm already a member of is offering 3.57%. The breakdown, in monthly payment amount, of the three APRs mentioned for a $27000 loan (what I'm expecting to borrow) is as follows

Campbell 2.25% - $476
Allegacy 2.85% - $484
my current CU 3.57% - $492

Though the monthly payment amounts differ very little, I acknowledge that over 60 months, the difference can add up, $480 or $960. But still, in the grand scheme of things (60 months / 5 years) it's not a HUGE difference. Do you think it's worth the trouble to still apply to one of those CUs in the spreadsheet?

Sounds like you are making a very large down payment or are buying an MR car without auto-pilot. I put $14,000 down and my payments, with a 2.29% Lightstream rate match are quite a bit higher than the ones you quoted.

For me, the difference in loan rate between CUs like Everence and Allegacy (which I used to rate match with Lightstream) amounted to something like $1700 over the life of the loan.

I will do some work for $1700... at least a few hours worth anyway.

Sounds like you are making a very large down payment or are buying an MR car without auto-pilot. I put $14,000 down and my payments, with a 2.29% Lightstream rate match are quite a bit higher than the ones you quoted.

For me, the difference in loan rate between CUs like Everence and Allegacy (which I used to rate match with Lightstream) amounted to something like $1700 over the life of the loan.

I will do some work for $1700... at least a few hours worth anyway.
How much are you borrowing? Down payment doesn't matter, it's how much you borrow... and as I stated, I'm borrowing $27k.

Though many of the APRs listed in the spreadsheet for 60months is sub 2%, I'm thinking many of those will be pretty hard to come by. That's why I focused on the two APRs (2.25 and 2.85) for comparison, but even then, I'm questioning the work involved, and maybe potential drawbacks?, to save somewhere between $500-$1000 over 5 years. I've never shopped around very much for loans, that's why I'm asking.

How much are you borrowing? Down payment doesn't matter, it's how much you borrow... and as I stated, I'm borrowing $27k.

Though many of the APRs listed in the spreadsheet for 60months is sub 2%, I'm thinking many of those will be pretty hard to come by. That's why I focused on the two APRs (2.25 and 2.85) for comparison, but even then, I'm questioning the work involved, and maybe potential drawbacks?, to save somewhere between $500-$1000 over 5 years. I've never shopped around very much for loans, that's why I'm asking.

I understand how a down payment works. Only you can decide what your time and effort are worth. If you are asking how hard the application process is with Allegacy it is not very hard or time consuming.

The spreadsheet in this forum was really helpful in finalizing my loan, i went with Insight Credit Union in Orlando for 2.25% but working with them is agonizingly slow and inefficient, they have outdated systems and way behind in technology, they require one to go to a branch for opening the membership, which cant be done online, on top of that they have weird requirements with buyer's order from Tesla which delayed my delivery by a week or so, i would not recommend anyone going with credit union,shop somewhere else and dont waste your time with this CU
Insight is in the removed section of the spreadsheet for a while now, you must've gotten the loan a while back. They really have strange rules there.

You can apply if you live in TX, just join their organization (ACC -- it's free)

See if you can apply for the loan first: Application Disclosure

For some CUs, you can apply for loan and they'll just add you as a member.

Let us know how many days they rate lock you in and max % they're willing to finance the car.

Good luck! Keep us updated :)

2.75% for 72 months seems like the best deal I'm eligible for, assuming I join ACC I'm good to go? I live in Northern VA

This spreadsheet is awesome by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.