Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Magazine - Any change we might see one similar to the one Porsche has for it's owners?

Would you be interested in aTesla Magazine similar to the one Porsche has for owner's(Christophorus)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno... even for an old guy like me, magazines seem so passé, especially glossy ones destined for a coffee table. Even if it were softcopy, magazines follow a fixed publishing schedule and, by the time the next edition comes out, much of the information may be old news or out-of-date already. Conversely, if there's not much new to say, you may end up publishing tripe just to fill the pages and make the deadline. Tesla pushes out updates as available and doesn't follow traditional model years for their cars, so putting out a periodical publication seems antithetical to their DNA.

Last edited:
I dunno... even for an old guy like me, magazines seem so passé, especially glossy ones destined for a coffee table. Even if it were softcopy, magazines follow a fixed publishing schedule and, by the time the next edition comes out, much of the information may be old news or out-of-date already.

I agree with this. Paper is outdated, slow, fixed, environmentally unfriendly, etc. Everything is online or electronic these days. Instead of a monthly magazine, send me weekly updates in email or video. Everything Tesla is already covered by dozens or hundreds of news websites, bloggers, vloggers, and even right here on TMC. By they time it shows up in print in a magazine, the information is outdated and even obsolete in how fast Tesla moves or makes continual changes to everything.

For older marques like Porsche, there's an installed base of people who aren't online and are used to that kind of media. But for what I think are the vast majority of Tesla owners (but not all, obviously), I think they're much more connected. I'm not sure the former group is big enough to support a print publication.

I never really read my Panorama magazines but they do look pretty on the coffee table. I'd definitely pick up a Tesla magazine for the same purpose but would actually read them if they were delivered electronically. Does Tesla have an active club like the PCA? I'd really enjoy some fun rally days, and we could put the checkpoints at superchargers where there's places to eat and gather anyway. "CAST 50 when you see the red lion..."