TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Magazine - Any change we might see one similar to the one Porsche has for it's owners?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Julie's MS, Sep 15, 2017.

?

Would you be interested in aTesla Magazine similar to the one Porsche has for owner's(Christophorus)

Poll closed Sep 22, 2017.
  1. I would be interested

48.5%
  2. I would not be interested

51.5%
  1. Julie's MS

Julie's MS Member

New Features, Tips and Tricks, Etc.

New Destination chargers as well as recommended road trips etc.

Would be a great coffee table magazine.

Featuring new hotels with chargers etc.

Porsche's Magazine:

Porsche Christophorus - The Porsche Magazine - Porsche USA

Hopefully if enough people are interested Tesla might start a magazine or partner with a magazine company.

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

I think Tesla wants to reduce printing paper so are you talking about a paperless magazine?

• Like x 2
  3. Julie's MS

Julie's MS Member

A PDF would also be good. Then one could read in the car as well on the multimedia screen.

• Like x 1
  4. Julie's MS

Julie's MS Member

Should read any chance. Not able to correct.

5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#5 BluestarE3, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    I dunno... even for an old guy like me, magazines seem so passé, especially glossy ones destined for a coffee table. Even if it were softcopy, magazines follow a fixed publishing schedule and, by the time the next edition comes out, much of the information may be old news or out-of-date already. Conversely, if there's not much new to say, you may end up publishing tripe just to fill the pages and make the deadline. Tesla pushes out updates as available and doesn't follow traditional model years for their cars, so putting out a periodical publication seems antithetical to their DNA.

6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I agree with this. Paper is outdated, slow, fixed, environmentally unfriendly, etc. Everything is online or electronic these days. Instead of a monthly magazine, send me weekly updates in email or video. Everything Tesla is already covered by dozens or hundreds of news websites, bloggers, vloggers, and even right here on TMC. By they time it shows up in print in a magazine, the information is outdated and even obsolete in how fast Tesla moves or makes continual changes to everything.

For older marques like Porsche, there's an installed base of people who aren't online and are used to that kind of media. But for what I think are the vast majority of Tesla owners (but not all, obviously), I think they're much more connected. I'm not sure the former group is big enough to support a print publication.

7. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

I never really read my Panorama magazines but they do look pretty on the coffee table. I'd definitely pick up a Tesla magazine for the same purpose but would actually read them if they were delivered electronically. Does Tesla have an active club like the PCA? I'd really enjoy some fun rally days, and we could put the checkpoints at superchargers where there's places to eat and gather anyway. "CAST 50 when you see the red lion..."

8. Darren Donovan

No. Are you kidding? Adding another item to Tesla's to-do list would further delay their already-behind schedule development and validation of other more important things.

9. lsteiner

lsteiner Member

This really needs a 3rd party to get involved, similar to the BMW magazine put together by BMW Club. It could be a monthly or bi-monthly magazine. How about it Tesla Mother Club, are you up for it! I for one would definitely subscribe.

10. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

That's why I bring up Panorama, the PCA, and ask about clubs for these cars, rather than Tesla running it an owner-managed club would be more fun and organized more quickly.