Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla makes 8 times more profit than Toyota yet can't include ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love these threads… Kia’s, Toyotas, Nissans, Hyundais, Mazdas, etc are all good cars for what they are designed for; reliable and reasonably priced transportation. Some like Kia throw in some gizmos trying to make them appear high end… but in the end they are what they are. Coming on a Tesla forum trying to convince owners by comparing apples to oranges is laughable.

I looked at the rav4 prime...HAD to get the top model and add-on to get vent seats....made the price same as my Y(50k), i got the Y
So did I!!! It was honestly my first choice (fully optioned).... however the dealer added a 20% markup and I ended up looking at a Model Y the same day. Waited about a month and ordered the Tesla.

If the Prime was selling for MSRP (+$7500 back), I would have bought it in a heartbeat, but the dealership was greedy so (4-letter word) them.

Perhaps you are not aware that quite a few blogs trawl through TMC threads and use peoples quotes in their articles? Thats why you will find several long time members who have something similar in their signatures... because they dont want electrek or some other blog to quote them, possibly out of context, from a thread discussion here when they are re posting "we found this" (discussion on TMC) as reporting.
Man this site takes itself seriously; it’s the David Hasselhoff of online forums. No one cares what a random poster says on a message board.

New York Times if you are reading this feel free to use my post.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Maybe they are. Maybe I should go there and brag about all the features that Tesla's have. Maybe they'll tell me to go buy a Tesla instead.
If you did that (went online to some other forum and posted about all the features tesla had), they absolutely would tell you "go buy a tesla".

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeclanual
How much do you really think they’re gaining in margin from those?
I know an employee at an OEM car manufacturer that found a way to save something like 4 or 5 bucks per car/truck by outsourcing front license plate assembly to I want to say goodwill industries. Employing the less than employable. Disabled etc... Had to fight with unions. But at the end saving that amount and the thought to do it got him a big hug from his company. Think Mary Barra in leather chaps. Leading from behind.

Saving a few bucks on assembly is nothing compared to elimination of a item. Simplify order process reduce items. Moves margins quite a bit. Hard to think that unless one starts to multiply.... OEMs make more cars then Tesla. Those 4 or 5 bucks means more to them now. For Tesla operation in a world of simplification is how they win now. Tesla will gladly simplify to push product while they can. Go to trench warfare on widgets and other stuff as they become more mature.

What else can I say. If you have swamp butt @schen72 Never had.. might need those seats and maybe a doctor to look at the sweat glands. I would go with Tesla and ventilated pants. Toyota is probably the worst company that disagrees with Tesla's long term vision. Used to be Volkswagen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC