Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla makes 8 times more profit than Toyota yet can't include ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I guess 8x margin is too tight to include creature comforts 🤷‍♂️
It makes sense in profits. Owners buy at the same or higher price but get less (less USB data ports, less front passenger lumbar control, less Mobile Connector, less fobs for S/X, less radar, less sonars...) can boost profits for Tesla.

What it doesn't make sense is its stock price:
More profits means the brand is more valuable. More valuable means the stock price should hover around its 52-week high mark and not hovering at the lowest mark in the past 1 year.

Then go get a Toyota, wtf?

Probably because the OP also feels like:

TBH the MY is a great balance of comfort and performance. I find it annoying getting in an out of cars, so being able to have performance close to the 3 in the body style of the Y is great.
(in a thread in this subforum, on sunday)

The OP also has a self admitted fixation on ventilated seats. In another very recent thread they started on a kia having better features than a model Y, someone suggested they should buy the kia, and their response was:

Nah. Tesla wins in tech, styling, performance, over the air updates, charging options, mobile app, overall convenience, and quality(I'm sure there's a ton of plastic in the Kia).

I just really have a soft spot for ventilated seats

Profits means higher stock price as in petroleum ExxonMobil that has been repeatedly breaking out its 52-week high, even today ($57.96 to 114.6642).

Same with drug stock Merk ($71.50 to 101.97)...

I have no love of big oil stocks.

That said, Tesla is in position to directly out-compete other EV makers on a level playing field by doing the hard up front work to streamline and optimize cost and manufacturing costs before the price-crunch comes. That includes being a bit over-obsessive about not including features which are expensive to build and carry limited value to customers. I hear you on butt-chilllers, but the AC works fine.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Then go get a Toyota, wtf?
Why is this always the go-to argument? Literally whenever anyone points out a feature that Tesla is missing and a cheaper competitor has, we should just accept the other car to be better and switch to it? Why excuse Tesla for skimping us on features many other brands offer? Such low effort

I'm glad that Tesla can profit more at the expense of cutting features for Tesla owners (Lumbar, USS, Radar to name a few).

Last edited:
Probably because the OP also feels like:

(in a thread in this subforum, on sunday)

The OP also has a self admitted fixation on ventilated seats. In another very recent thread they started on a kia having better features than a model Y, someone suggested they should buy the kia, and their response was:
Yes, the Model Y is still a great car IMO but the fact that Tesla is removing features such as USS even though margins are that high is insane. It seems like Tesla is in the market of making more money by removing features from their vehicles at the cost of the consumer.

Why is this always the go-to argument? Why excuse Tesla for skimping us on features many other brands offer?

I'm glad that Tesla can profit more at the expense of cutting features for Tesla owners (Lumbar, USS, Radar to name a few).
How much do you really think they’re gaining in margin from those? I’m not defending the de-contenting and would much rather see a modest price increase over deletions as long as it isn’t delaying deliveries.

Reactions: DrGriz
Why is this always the go-to argument? Literally whenever anyone points out a feature that Tesla is missing and a cheaper competitor has, we should just accept the other car to be better and switch to it? Why excuse Tesla for skimping us on features many other brands offer? Such low effort

Only answering for myself here, but sometimes threads feel like discussion, and sometimes they feel like "something else". The "something else" threads usually start with what amounts to some claim or other, and, either directly or indirectly "discuss".

I personally am all for open dialog and discussion, but am not very much for "<insert statement, Discuss>" threads.

Also, the BEST thing a person can do is "vote with their wallet". Going online to complain about something means very little to any company. People not buying? Means a lot.

I am into sports, and sports teams dont make changes when fans complain. They make changes when fans stop spending money. Someone that doesnt like the product should buy one they do like.

I for one don't like all the gizmo's on many legacy auto's. They always break and then I have to deal with the stealership. I really prefer the simplicity of the Tesla. I've had 2 and they've been so reliable. In the rare service event needed on my first Tesla, they fixed it at my house in 5 minutes. Amazing. This experience of trouble free ownership is what I want to pay my money for.

I understand that others want to spend their money on gizmo's. I don't think Tesla will ever offer these.

Reactions: DrGriz