Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla makes 8 times more profit than Toyota yet can't include ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It makes sense in profits. Owners buy at the same or higher price but get less (less USB data ports, less front passenger lumbar control, less Mobile Connector, less fobs for S/X, less radar, less sonars...) can boost profits for Tesla.

What it doesn't make sense is its stock price:
More profits means the brand is more valuable. More valuable means the stock price should hover around its 52-week high mark and not hovering at the lowest mark in the past 1 year.
Ive had a few Toyotas as well as a nice Cadillac. None of them had passenger lumbar support. The driver is alwyas the focus. In general, drivers seats are more adjustable than passengers.

FWIW, I have passenger lumbar on my Model Y, but cant say if anyone's ever used it. ppl generally adjust forward/back and tilt, if they've adjusted the lumbar, I'm pretty sure it was by mistake while trying to press another button.

I also wouldnt consider Model 3/Y luxury cars. They're a luxury to have, but they're not luxurious. They're fast and spacious with a lot of cool tech.

"PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent" geez a person this important should be driving a Dodge Stratus.

Perhaps you are not aware that quite a few blogs trawl through TMC threads and use peoples quotes in their articles? Thats why you will find several long time members who have something similar in their signatures... because they dont want electrek or some other blog to quote them, possibly out of context, from a thread discussion here when they are re posting "we found this" (discussion on TMC) as reporting.

• Informative
Reactions: CyberGus
I would suggest Tesla is spending lots of money on new factories and battery research and charging stations. They know there is a lot of coming competition as all the legacy guys as well as new competition will be jumping in the game in the next couple of years.

They need to do everything they can to maintain the advantage: Charging/FSD/Range

They weren’t that great in the Polestar.
I had black leather seats in my Audi. By all accounts they were nice - good quality leather, comfortable, etc. Except in the summer. Black leather (or vinyl, or 'vegan leather' or whatever you want to call it) gets hot in the sun. Cloth seats breathe better and are cooler to sit on (and warmer in the winter.) They don't have the cachet that leather does, and leather and vinyl are definitely easier to clean but when it comes to hot weather cloth wins.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I also dont particularly like the reverse of what you and @sleepydoc are claiming. Just because people disagree with a point, it doesnt make them either a tesla fanboi, OR a tesla short seller / troll.
I'm fine with people disagreeing. It's the black and white "if you hate Tesla so much go get a ..." quotes that I was referring to. There's a difference.

Ventilated seats are useful in long drives and extremely hot days. I drove across 3 states before 12 hour drive and the heat on the seat was the only thing unpleasant about the trip. I’ve had after market seat fans, they are lame looking but do work quite well. You can get them on AliExpress, Amazon or EBay.

But what else do you expect people to do, when someone is complaining about a feature or missing feature that obviously can't and won't be added to their vehicle. It's not like people are going to start an uprising about a car feature. Really the only left to do is tell them to sell the car and move on to a vehicle they would enjoy.

But what else do you expect people to do, when someone is complaining about a feature or missing feature that obviously can't and won't be added to their vehicle. It's not like people are going to start an uprising about a car feature. Really the only left to do is tell them to sell the car and move on to a vehicle they would enjoy.
Exactly. At some point the competition's production will catch up to Tesla which will force Tesla's hand. Right now Tesla doesn't need to add any extra features because no other current competitor can output cars as quick as Tesla can. Tesla is using their current position over the competition by delivering cars with higher cost and less features.

Once the competitors catch up in production I guarantee Tesla will introduce more features such as ventilated seats or Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

Exactly. At some point the competition's production will catch up to Tesla which will force Tesla's hand. Right now Tesla doesn't need to add any extra features because no other current competitor can output cars as quick as Tesla can. Tesla is using their current position over the competition by delivering cars with higher cost and less features.

Once the competitors catch up in production I guarantee Tesla will introduce more features such as ventilated seats or Apple Carplay/Android Auto.
Could be. I'm always in favor of more options. Hopefully you still find value in your current vehicle configuration until you upgrade Tesla or otherwise.

I didn't want to list EVERY feature that Tesla has removed or is missing. I started it off with one of the most requested comfort creatures.
How about this... lots of people want a sink.
1668025876089.png