Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla MC240-1 Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently discovered an unused Tesla MC240-1 charger in my garage. I sold my roadster several years ago and didn't realize this was still around. Does anyone know if it has any value and would like to purchase it? thanks

Compared to the UMC 240 it’s a tank. If I had to price it it would be somewhere close to the basic open evse that also reliably charges at 40A. It’s a solid no frills 40A Charger. I may be wrong but something close to $300-$350 should gain interest.

I should clarify. This one gets 40A
243036F9-A180-4B98-9445-072B06C3350C.png

I’m not sure about this one

3C08EB5E-6B48-424B-85CA-B64725BE54C1.png

Reactions: MCroadster
The Roadster Foundry Mobile Connector shown in the photo was designed by Martin Eberhard, one of the founders of Tesla Motors. He made and sold several of them, but they were housed in a plastic junction box rather than the metal case shown in the photo. The design was adaptable to different sockets using pigtails as on the UMC 240. Martin didn't want to be in the business of making these, so he transferred the design to EV Components who made the one shown in the photo. Tesla was not involved in the manufacturing of these charging devices except that in order to get the connector that attaches to the car a buyer would have to deliver the yellow 110V cable provided by Tesla to Martin or later to EV Components so the connector could be harvested to put onto the larger cable for the 240V charging. The yellow cable was returned as one of the pigtails.

I've love to buy it if you still have it. My MC240 stopped working and has no lights. PM if you still want to sell. Thank you!
I've love to buy it if you still have it. My MC240 stopped working and has no lights. PM if you still want to sell. Thank you!
I still have it. I was told $350 would be a good price. I can let it go for that plus whatever shipping costs are.