Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla model 3 driver throwing litter!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a picture of a Sydney beach's steps the morning after New Year.
Lucky country.......
Here's a picture of a park in the UK on any day - though to be fair this may have been one of the lockdown easings i.e. you can go to a park. THe good thing about the UK is we don't need a special day to make a mess :p
1620985498891.png

I saw the same report on the TV, and was gobsmacked it was a Tesla.
You have all that money, you want to be more "green", yet you still think throwing your crap out of the window is acceptable.
They should fine all drivers who do this sort of thing heavily.
I think it's a sign we are hitting an inflection point on why people are buying tesla's. Agreed it was probably largely people who wanted to do their bit for the environment, future of the planet etc and the idea of them throwing rubbish out of the window .....

I think Tesla fanbase has increased substantially, beyond us tree huggers, to include d!ckheads courtesy of government incentives (company cars 0% BIK), it's unbelievable of the line acceleration (Boy Races always give me the thumbs up) and I am guessing more affordable examples available second hand.

Welcome to the mainstream Tesla.

I think the environmental positives are still there despite the odd obnoxious litterbug :)

The death penalty is actually only effective for trivial offences, if you had it for littering nobody would do it. It’s probably not going to stop someone killing their annoying spouse!

From Wikipedia
Concerning the liberal use of the death penalty in the Draconic code, Plutarch states: "It is said that Drakon himself, when asked why he had fixed the punishment of death for most offences, answered that he considered these lesser crimes to deserve it, and he had no greater punishment for more important ones".

Reactions: Kenners
From Wikipedia
Concerning the liberal use of the death penalty in the Draconic code, Plutarch states: "It is said that Drakon himself, when asked why he had fixed the punishment of death for most offences, answered that he considered these lesser crimes to deserve it, and he had no greater punishment for more important ones".
We have evolved since then. We have the option of sentencing someone to go back to driving an ICE car. A fate worse than death surely?

This saddens me. We live somewhere quite rural and my wife over Covid has done a litter pick every Sunday with a neighbour as a means of getting out and talking to someone other than me (wise move) and the rubbish they pick up weekly, lager cans mainly, does make you wonder who has so little regard for the place they live. Darwin unfortunately didn't factor in that our social values would develop to a point where the worst kinds of behaviour were too difficult to deal with.

Reactions: markbingley
I was going to suggest RyanAir as the ultimate penalty, but we're both woefully off topic now.

Code:
git branch -d {draconian digression}
the topic was someone threw litter out of the window of a car that happened to be a Tesla. What were you expecting a debate on whether that's OK or not? Maybe head over to a BMW forum if you want a more diverse set of viewpoints on that one than you are finding here :)

We are now debating suitable punishments that's about as on topic as you can get with a subject this finite.
But I can't believe you went with RyanAir though BTW! . Starting to think we are being a bit too harsh!
What next a year of only being allowed to charge at Ecotricity??

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and Puzuk
Maybe Tesla could remotely limit charging to 6A for the next month (doubling on each subsequent offense) when the car detects objects being thrown out of the car window :p Perfect use for the B post camera.

#littergate
I was thinking the same thing, bit like when I get put on the "naughty step" for not wiggling the wheel enough when on autopilot.

I think it's a sign we are hitting an inflection point on why people are buying tesla's. Agreed it was probably largely people who wanted to do their bit for the environment, future of the planet etc and the idea of them throwing rubbish out of the window .....

I think Tesla fanbase has increased substantially, beyond us tree huggers, to include d!ckheads courtesy of government incentives (company cars 0% BIK), it's unbelievable of the line acceleration (Boy Races always give me the thumbs up) and I am guessing more affordable examples available second hand.

Welcome to the mainstream Tesla.

I think the environmental positives are still there despite the odd obnoxious litterbug :)
How dare these low lifes on BiK incentives come to Tesla and discredit our superior environmental consciousness.

Before you know it they will be putting social housing next to my new estate and letting them into the local Waitrose. :rolleyes:

How dare these low lifes on BiK incentives come to Tesla and discredit our superior environmental consciousness.

Before you know it they will be putting social housing next to my new estate and letting them into the local Waitrose. :rolleyes:
Think you missed the point. For a wide variety of reasons the Tesla Model 3 (not just it's green credentials), is now a popular mainstream car and that means the customer base has expanded to include, amongst others, folks who have few or no reservations about chucking their litter out of the window, which on the basis that this thread even exists has come as a surprise to some.

Last edited: