Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google maps zoomed in to the same zoom level looks about the same to me. In any case, I’m happy with the sat maps but agree if you don’t like them then don’t pay for it.

upload_2020-1-11_6-59-0.jpeg

I notice that there are now "existing inventory" M3s available in NZ. I guess the days of the long waits are drawing to a close...

I think that’s great they have some stock they can deliver immediately. I’ve had a few people ask me about my car and are interested in getting one but they were put off by what they had heard about the long wait times. Nice to see that issue is mostly gone.

I wouldn't pay monthly for this blurry view.View attachment 498457
Talk to Google, not Tesla - I believe they're the ones providing the satellite images. Maybe when SpaceX starts putting up their own satellites we can blame Tesla for it. Besides, you're not paying monthly JUST for satellite maps.
I notice that there are now "existing inventory" M3s available in NZ. I guess the days of the long waits are drawing to a close...
These aren't necessarily in the country. When I first placed my order it was for one from inventory since I too assumed that they were in the country and since it was long range, it would be a performance stealth (as no LR had reach NZ at that point). When the sales guy called me to confirm my order he let me know that assumption was wrong - the cars are just extras on the pending shipments that don't yet have homes so the delivery time is the same as if you just ordered off the website.

Of course, some of them are extras already in the country but I don't think there's any indication on which are. In my case, at the time I ordered none of the inventory cars on the site were but they had a few Stealth's available that weren't listed that they at the time were holding on to. He created a custom order for one of them for me and that's how I ended up with my car :) Even though it was in the country already, it still doesn't mean you get it right away - it was another 3 weeks before it was ready for me to pickup.

Try order car now, delivery estimate is December!
I would say those inventory cars would be looking pretty attractive
I took a test drive at the Auckland store on Sunday, paid the $3k deposit on an SR+ in Midnight Silver with black interior, got an invoice and VIN on Tuesday and collect next Tuesday!
Then - walking down Great North Road yesterday, I spotted the car on the transporter on its way to the store!

Tesla3 - 1.jpeg

Roll on Tuesday...

I took a test drive at the Auckland store on Sunday, paid the $3k deposit on an SR+ in Midnight Silver with black interior, got an invoice and VIN on Tuesday and collect next Tuesday!
Then - walking down Great North Road yesterday, I spotted the car on the transporter on its way to the store!

View attachment 500551

Roll on Tuesday...
Congrats!
inventory car?
Took 3 looong months for mine, I had plenty of time to think about accessories ;)