Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 instrument bump?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG

As I stated in another thread this Model 3 is a 3D model used for the photos in the supercharging blog post so may bear no resemblance to the real or planned or production model 3. That said it's a decent model that someone took the time to make, possibly from a CAD file or possibly modelled from scratch - who knows. It has the body shape, doors, door handles, nose, hatch and the glass roof looks to be accurate and even tinted - different to the S's in the photos (also 3D models obviously).

So here's my observation: there's a bump on the dash, behind the steering wheel. This cold house lights or instruments. Maybe indicator or warning lights, maybe speed, or maybe it's the 3D modeller being lazy and using a dash from a model he created for Ford :). But this thing is definitely different from the Model 3 interiors we have seen before.

if they didn't take the time to find a concrete texture for the curbs, instead of using the 'scored' concrete texture, I'm not sure I'd put too much thought into analyzing the car interior ;)

I put together architectural renderings like this on a regular basis at work, I really hope no one looks that close at what we send out ;) its a big picture sort of thing.... otherwise I should start to hide oddities to see if anyone picks up on them.

After giving it further thought, I'm going to say that highlight is the armrest on the door. The interior even has the Model 3 center screen so it's probably fair to say they gave the model at least a little thought and effort.

View attachment 224317 View attachment 224316
As I stated in another thread this Model 3 is a 3D model used for the photos in the supercharging blog post so may bear no resemblance to the real or planned or production model 3. That said it's a decent model that someone took the time to make, possibly from a CAD file or possibly modelled from scratch - who knows. It has the body shape, doors, door handles, nose, hatch and the glass roof looks to be accurate and even tinted - different to the S's in the photos (also 3D models obviously).

So here's my observation: there's a bump on the dash, behind the steering wheel. This cold house lights or instruments. Maybe indicator or warning lights, maybe speed, or maybe it's the 3D modeller being lazy and using a dash from a model he created for Ford :). But this thing is definitely different from the Model 3 interiors we have seen before.
I don't like the model 3 infotainment/tablet sticking out like that -wish it's embedded like model X.