Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 is Popular Mechnics 2018 Car of the Year

fseir

May 1, 2016
Honolulu
That's awesome. He gets a few things wrong, but I guess you can't fault him for not knowing as much about the car as we do:

"And there are some places where you can see the cost-cutting, like in the rear trunk, where there’s no trim panel up top, just bare metal and cutouts for the speakers that would be there if you had ordered the premium sound system"

• Funny
Reactions: ℬête Noire

novox77

1.21 Gigawatts
Nov 25, 2017
NH, MA
from the article:
I’d get the enhanced autopilot to ensure my participation in the self-driving future and skip the rest.

Pretty sure the author would be participating even if he didn't purchase EAP. Cameras and sensors are collecting telemetry as long as he's opted in in the settings.

Last edited:

seattlite2004

Apr 12, 2016
Puget Sound
I find it Ironic that mechanics vote this car so highly, especially as EV's need lets maintenance and servicing.
Lots of mechanical components in EVs. Pumps, fans, suspension, brakes, etc...so lots mechanical things to fix on EVs. Service/Maint yeah...lower...but mechanical components still to break down.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC