Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Rattle / Mechanical type noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I picked up my model 3 a couple weeks ago from Quebec and then had to self Isolate for 14 days once I got back in Atlantic Canada, so I was unable to drive the car until today. Today I got in the car to go get a coffee and noticed there is an annoying rattle or mechanical type noise coming from the back right, this didn't happen at all when driving the car back from Quebec. It seems to happen once I get to 40km+ most of the time, but I did hear it at ~20-30km a few times as-well.

Here are a couple videos capturing the noise:

Has anyone experienced this noise?

Rattle is resolved, thank god, I was going insane.

After many hours and trying many different things in the back interior I decided to look under the car. I noticed something hanging down, pretty much in the middle rear, it ended up being a zip tie that hadn't been cut. I trimmed the tie and the noise is now gone. I'm not sure if the zip tie came loose and whatever its holding together was rattling and I tightened it which tugging on it, or if it was the long ziptie itself rattling on the bottom.

• Funny
Reactions: AZAV8R and KenC
Rattle is resolved, thank god, I was going insane.

After many hours and trying many different things in the back interior I decided to look under the car. I noticed something hanging down, pretty much in the middle rear, it ended up being a zip tie that hadn't been cut. I trimmed the tie and the noise is now gone. I'm not sure if the zip tie came loose and whatever its holding together was rattling and I tightened it which tugging on it, or if it was the long ziptie itself rattling on the bottom.
Was this poking through the aero shield on the undercarriage?

Was this poking through the aero shield on the undercarriage?

Here is where it was:

Inkedthumbnail_image2_LI.jpg