Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 RHD - Air Filter Cover Screw

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I changed my RHD M3 air filters today and accidentally dropped the air filter cover screw behind the driver side floor trim....
As a temporary measure, took one of the easier accessible screws from the side and used that to finish the job till i buy another screw from somewhere. Unfortunately, after a quick drive i can hear the bloody lost screw rattle every time i take a turn.
Is there any guides on how to remove the floor trim so i can get access to behind it to find the screw?
or am i screwed...

Hi All,
I changed my RHD M3 air filters today and accidentally dropped the air filter cover screw behind the driver side floor trim....
As a temporary measure, took one of the easier accessible screws from the side and used that to finish the job till i buy another screw from somewhere. Unfortunately, after a quick drive i can hear the bloody lost screw rattle every time i take a turn.
Is there any guides on how to remove the floor trim so i can get access to behind it to find the screw?
or am i screwed...

Buy this replacement screw instead:

Reactions: android04
Upvote 0
Pull the left or right centre console side trim, easy to do, only clips, and see if you can get to the screw with a magnet or something. To pull the floor trim, you have to remove the seat, not a real problem, only 4 bolts.
So i have a RHD drive (Australia) car. So the air filter cover opens up in to the driver foot well. I got the left (centre console) and right (near door) trims off and noticed a couple of clips holding the floor cover down. Removed them. But the biggest issue i have is that the floor cover seems to be glued to the dead pedal foot rest which appears to be a chunk of foam. Rather than removing all of the floor cover, i was just trying to peel it back enough to get access to under the drive//brake pedals to see if can see it and retrieve it using my hand. But The floor cover does not want to lift off the floor, i didnt want to force and do any irreparable damage.

I couldn't find any guides/videos online on how to remove the floor cover. For now i've resorted to turning the music up so i cant hear the bloody thing rattle 🤣

Upvote 0
Buy this replacement screw instead:
YEP! I wish i rad up on this and bought one before i tried this.... I'll get one now and save myself the hassle for future filter changes.

Upvote 0