Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 the way I want - Signature Wheel + MPP Comfort Coilover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@superbaka:

The comfort coilovers are about $700 lower in price vs the sports and I spent the extra $700 I saved to purchase MPP camber and toe arms. There options to just get springs for the lowered look, but I wanted to do it right and get dampers tuned for the springs.

I’ve had KW1 coilovers on my MKV GTI with APR tune and that setup and ride was perfect for the street being firm but not harsh. If my 3 was a track car, I’d go for the sport setup instead but I’d probably never take it on a track or autocross course.

Interesting - it has been said by @2018M3 that he was told by MPP that cambers nor toe kits are needed for street driving even after installing the Comfort MPP coilovers. I think the only proof would be in tire wear, which as of last week and 1500 miles (I think was said) no unevenness.....yet

Though I myself still have doubts....

Interesting - it has been said by @2018M3 that he was told by MPP that cambers nor toe kits are needed for street driving even after installing the Comfort MPP coilovers. I think the only proof would be in tire wear, which as of last week and 1500 miles (I think was said) no unevenness.....yet

Though I myself still have doubts....
It depends on how far you lower the car, and whether you want to get your alignment specs back to OEM or if you are happy with some additional rear camber. Many people desire the ability to adjust their camber at all, which is not possible without the arms.

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
It depends on how far you lower the car, and whether you want to get your alignment specs back to OEM or if you are happy with some additional rear camber. Many people desire the ability to adjust their camber at all, which is not possible without the arms.

Say I installed the MPP Confort coilovers to the recommended height for regular street driving - just like @2018M3 has done -- how far off from OEM specs will the car be in camber? toe? any other major specs?

I joined this forum just to be able to comment how much I love how this setup looks and have had me rethinking which direction I want to go with wheel size, offset, and the tires to go with it. I just got my MPP comfort coilovers and am awaiting installation for those, then it'll be on to wheels and tires soon after.

I'm bumping because i'm curious to hear about the effects on range since? I noticed in an earlier post back that OP said they will report back.

I joined this forum just to be able to comment how much I love how this setup looks and have had me rethinking which direction I want to go with wheel size, offset, and the tires to go with it. I just got my MPP comfort coilovers and am awaiting installation for those, then it'll be on to wheels and tires soon after.

I'm bumping because i'm curious to hear about the effects on range since? I noticed in an earlier post back that OP said they will report back.
Don't forget to post review of how they ride and handle compared to stock!

Reactions: P-Lo801

Thanks for the love. Range is taking a slight hit due to wider 265/35/19 tire on all 4 corners. Traction is a bitch lol. But MPP with 265 wider tire and 19x9.5 forged wheels are a dream combo handling on the road though, just my 2 cent, hope it helps!

Thanks for the love. Range is taking a slight hit due to wider 265/35/19 tire on all 4 corners. Traction is a bitch lol. But MPP with 265 wider tire and 19x9.5 forged wheels are a dream combo handling on the road though, just my 2 cent, hope it helps!

Thanks for the feedback! By slight hit, I sure hope you mean no more than 15 miles. And what's going on with your traction? I thought you had pretty sticky tires.

Sticky tires gave so much traction on all 4 corners with 265, it will reduce the range. It is the biggest reason for range lost IMO.
I agree, that's why for my 265s I am using Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+. Its a good compromise. Longer tire life, better range, yet still better traction than stock because of 30mm wider tire. These are "Ultra High Performance All-Seasons" so they perform quite well.

Reactions: P-Lo801
I agree, that's why for my 265s I am using Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+. Its a good compromise. Longer tire life, better range, yet still better traction than stock because of 30mm wider tire. These are "Ultra High Performance All-Seasons" so they perform quite well.

I was thinking of going ultra high performance A/S tires as well. What kind of a range hit did you take with 265s and your tires?

I was thinking of going ultra high performance A/S tires as well. What kind of a range hit did you take with 265s and your tires?
I have yet to put them on as I am waiting for my wheels (ordered 6 weeks ago) to be manufactured since Vertini VS series fully forged wheels are custom made on demand (no stock). But I have read from others on the forum that have had good results with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+.

The stock all-season tires that came with my car are now bold after 6000 miles due to my aggressive driving style and yes I am aware that this is not common place but for me getting the AS 3+ is the only option that makes sense. There is no way I can afford buying anything with less than 500 tread-ware otherwise I would be replacing tires every couple of months.

Last edited:
I have yet to put them on as I am waiting for my wheels (ordered 6 weeks ago) to be manufactured since Vertini VS series fully forged wheels are custom made on demand (no stock). But I have read from others on the forum that have had good results with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+.

That's the combination I'm going after, I think. My VS Forged, VS10 19x9, is shipping today. Will do 245/40-19 AS3+.

Reactions: Perry
Now that I have had my 265/19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my 19x9.5 VS Forged wheels for a couple of months I can estimate a range loss of approximately 8%. It's still worth it though. And this wheel/tire combo is great. The extra 30mm width provides amazing corner grip similar to the PS4S tires on stock wheels but with a tread ware rating of 500 which is preferable to the PS4S paltry 200. I did not notice a noise increase although the A/S tires have no foam inside so I guess that doesn't make much difference. They have a very nice lip for road rash protection too. One thing I did notice is that the front wheels don't straighten out of the corner by themselves as easily, probably due to the extra width but it is a very subtle phenomenon.
2019.06.22 18.58.01.jpg

2019.06.17 11.40.17.jpg

Last edited: