Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA Model S 2016 60D for sale brand new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in if it's true the car is not actually registered and eligible for the rebate as well. This would seal the deal for me on an X vs S as I would get a price reduction, the rebate, and wouldn't have to pay sales tax I assume since he probably already paid it and AZ doesn't tax private transactions?!

@Sohailhassan- my apologies for questioning your intent and I certainly didn't intend to have you pubicly display the mvpa.

In the state I live in, AZ, tesla had to register my X with the state of AZ and I had to pay sales tax and registration at time of delivery. Is Michigan different in not requiring you to register the vehicle when you purchase it?
since i do not plan to keep it , so did not register, title arrived 7 days later. Selling to tesla or a buyer. looking for 74K plus will ship. Buyer has to apply for the federal tax credit.

I'm interested in if it's true the car is not actually registered and eligible for the rebate as well. This would seal the deal for me on an X vs S as I would get a price reduction, the rebate, and wouldn't have to pay sales tax I assume since he probably already paid it and AZ doesn't tax private transactions?!
car is not registered, the person who registers pays the sales tax and is also eligible to receive the federal tax credit by law. Please email if interested at [email protected]

Have you asked how much they would offer you for trade in? Also is there any tax savings trading in va selling?
Have you been to CarMax?

Yes, there are tax savings from trading in. My Tesla rep said that they would subtract the value of your trade in from the value of the new car for tax purposes. Depending on your state that could save you 3%-9% of vehicle costs. $2,500+ dollars in this case.

Yes, there are tax savings from trading in. My Tesla rep said that they would subtract the value of your trade in from the value of the new car for tax purposes. Depending on your state that could save you 3%-9% of vehicle costs. $2,500+ dollars in this case.

I wonder if that will still work considering this car was never registered? If it did work then the tax savings would greatly offset the low ball trade-in value that Tesla would offer.