Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S P85+ Vs Latest Benz S550 & BMW 750 LI in Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this quite positive review in AUTOZEITUNG.

Link to the article:

http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-verg...-s-performance-2013-luxuslimousinen-vergleich

Link to translate the site:

http://itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-translator

Some highlights (with Google Translate)
  • Therefore, the acceleration is like a catapult launch: Ruthless, linear and without interruption storms the Tesla forward. So inspiring is the driving and especially the acceleration experience, so simple is the driving technology behind it. An electric motor and a constant ratio - that's it.
  • Even the enormous potent V8 petrol engine, BMW and Mercedes seize more than two-ton sedans with an ease forward, seems almost surreal. And they create the sprint to 100 in less than five seconds. The explosive power development and thus tremendous ease of Tesla but they do not reach.
  • However, the most amazing thing on the Tesla is not the splendid electric drive, but the maturity of the vehicle that is also evident in areas such as the suspension or operation.
  • Conclusion: It seems (I'm not sure due to weird translators) that they ranked the S 1st and jointly second the BMW and Benz.
Can any of German speaking members help out with a "human" translation of the conclusion?

There isn't any real conclusion other than that they really liked the Tesla Model S.

I think it is amazing that the Model S is measured against the top of the line models from the top auto manufactures in the world and there isn't any negative word about the S in comparison to those cars.
There is another article from a different German car magazine called 'Auto Bild'. The compared the S with MB S500, BMW 750i, Porsche Panamera Hyprid, Lexus LS 600h and Maserati Quattroporte.

The rating for the car was done by auto testers from all over the world and all categories where rated.

Results:

1. MB S500
2. BMW 750i
3. Porsche Panamera Hyprid
4. Tesla Model S P85+
5. Lexus LS 600h
6. Maserati Quattroporte

The Model S was less than 10 points away from the MB S500 (168 vs 158,5). The most points the Model S lost in the category max speed (1 vs 5 points, important in Germany ;-) and range (1 vs. 5 points). Not considering these two categories, because of max speed is only important in Germany and assuming SuperChargers the Model S has almost the same rating as the MB S500 and better than any other car tested.

Simply impressive.

the article is pretty good and funny as they said things like: Tesla managed to get the electric cars out of the cerial corner (this translates to something like hippiefraction).

The 2 negative things they mentioned that the car was annoyingly noisy at high speeds from wind- and wheelnoises and also the seats were a bit small.